Lt. Col. Peter Hyde SAUNDERS
HAIRSTON.org ID#2540, b. 20 September 1748, d. 17 August 1813
|Father*||John Hyde SAUNDERS1 d. a 1768|
|Birth*||Lt. Col. Peter Hyde SAUNDERS was born on 20 September 1748 in Cumberland County, Virginia.1|
|He was the son of John Hyde SAUNDERS.1|
|Marriage*||Lt. Col. Peter Hyde SAUNDERS married Mary SPARRELL on 31 October 1767; |
HAIRSTON FAMILY BIBLE.2,1,3
|Will||In John Hyde SAUNDERS's will dated 2 February 1768 in Cumberland County, Virginia, Lt. Col. Peter Hyde SAUNDERS was named as an heir.1|
|Property*||1770 - Robert Hairston and his sons George and Peter witness a deed between Peter Saunders and Daniel Smith for land in Pittslyvania County, Virginia. All three of the Hairstons signed with their signature.4|
|Court Record*||Peter Saunders, George Waller, Edmund Lyne and Abraham Penn held the first court in Henry County, Virginia.5,6|
|Will||In John ROWLAND's will dated 5 July 1780 in Henry County, Virginia, Lt. Col. Peter Hyde SAUNDERS was named as executor.7|
|Probate||He was mentioned in the probate of the estate of John ROWLAND on 29 September 1780 in Henry County, Virginia; The will was presented to the court on 29 September 1780 by William Tunstall and Peter Saunders who gave bond with John Fountain and George Hairston.7|
|Military*||Was a Lt. Colonel in Revolutionary War.1|
|Death*||Lt. Col. Peter Hyde SAUNDERS died on 17 August 1813 in Franklin County, Virginia, at age 64.1|
|Mary SPARRELL b. a 1749, d. 25 Nov 1790|
- [S3074] Hale, Nathaniel Claiborne, Roots In Virginia: an Account of Captain Thomas Hale, Virginia Frontiersman, His Descendants And Related Families. With Genealogies And Sketches of Hale, Saunders, Lucke, Claiborne, Lacy, Tobin And Contributing Ancestral Lines. Philadelphia?, 1948.
https://hdl.handle.net/2027/wu.89066151580, Hathi Trust Digital Library.
- [S143] Hairston Family, Bible - Robert Hairston 1755-1844. The Holy Bible containing the Old and New Testaments, together with the Apocrypha: Translated Out of the Originial Tongues, and with the Former Translations Diligently Compared and Revised.... Philadelphia, Printed and Published by M. Carey, 1817.; State Archives North Carolina 400.1.1.982,.
- [S27] Early, R H. Campbell Chronicles and Family Sketches: Embracing the History of Campbell County, Virginia, 1782-1926. Lynchburg, Va: J.P. Bell Co, 1927. https://hdl.handle.net/2027/uc1.b3624083, Personal Collection - printed book.
- [S3061] Deed between Peter Saunders and Daniel Smith in Pittslvania, Virginia - 9 June 1770. MSS1H1274b5, Virginia Historical Society, Richmond, Virginia, unknown repository address.
- [S3073] Hill, Judith Parks America, A History of Henry County, Virginia : With Biographical Sketches of Its Most Prominent Citizens and Genealogical Histories of Half a Hundred of Its Oldest Families,Press of Bulletin Printing and Publishing Company, Incorporated, 1925 - Henry County, Va.
- [S22] Hairston, Elizabeth Seawell, The Hairstons and the Penns and Their Relations, Roanoke, Virginia 1940 https://search.ancestry.com/search/db.aspx?dbid=13164, Ancestry.com.
- [S3068] Will of John Rowland - 1780, Henry County, Virginia Will Book 1, page 37-39, Library of Virginia, Richmond, Virginia, Richmond, Virginia.
|Last Edited||25 Mar 2018|