Lt. Col. Peter Hyde SAUNDERS
HAIRSTON.org ID#2540, b. 20 September 1748, d. 17 August 1813
|Father*||John Hyde SAUNDERS1 d. a 1768|
|Birth*||Lt. Col. Peter Hyde SAUNDERS was born on 20 September 1748 in Cumberland County, Virginia.1|
|He was the son of John Hyde SAUNDERS.1|
|Marriage*||Lt. Col. Peter Hyde SAUNDERS married Mary SPARRELL on 31 October 1767.2,1,3 |
|Will||In John Hyde SAUNDERS's will dated 2 February 1768 in Cumberland County, Virginia, Lt. Col. Peter Hyde SAUNDERS was named as an heir.1|
|Property*||1770 - Robert Hairston and his sons George and Peter witness a deed between Peter Saunders and Daniel Smith for land in Pittslyvania County, Virginia. All three of the Hairstons signed with their signature.4|
|Court Record*||Peter Saunders, George Waller, Edmund Lyne and Abraham Penn held the first court in Henry County, Virginia.5,6|
|Will||In John ROWLAND's will dated 5 July 1780 in Henry County, Virginia, Lt. Col. Peter Hyde SAUNDERS was named as executor; His will mentions "my brother Michael Rowlands eldest son William Roland", "my brother George Rowland", "my wife Mary", "to George Rowland Jr. and William Rowland, sons of Gilbert Roland", "two sons od Joshua Bowls dec'd....their mother Sarah Bowls", Garland Akin, and "Mary Isham, wife of James isham". Executors William Tunstall, Haynes Morgan, Peter Saunders and Josiah Carter. Patrick Henry, John Fountain, John Salmon guardians of Garland Akin.7|
|Probate||He was mentioned in the probate of the estate of John ROWLAND on 29 September 1780 in Henry County, Virginia; The will was presented to the court on 29 September 1780 by William Tunstall and Peter Saunders who gave bond with John Fountain and George Hairston.7|
|Military*||Was a Lt. Colonel in Revolutionary War.1|
|Death*||Lt. Col. Peter Hyde SAUNDERS died on 17 August 1813 in Franklin County, Virginia, at age 64.1|
|Mary SPARRELL b. a 1749, d. 25 Nov 1790|
- [S3074] Hale, Nathaniel Claiborne, Roots In Virginia: an Account of Captain Thomas Hale, Virginia Frontiersman, His Descendants And Related Families. With Genealogies And Sketches of Hale, Saunders, Lucke, Claiborne, Lacy, Tobin And Contributing Ancestral Lines. Philadelphia?, 1948.
https://hdl.handle.net/2027/wu.89066151580, Hathi Trust Digital Library.
- [S143] Bible - Robert Hairston 1755-1844. The Holy Bible containing the Old and New Testaments, together with the Apocrypha: Translated Out of the Originial Tongues, and with the Former Translations Diligently Compared and Revised.... Philadelphia, Printed and Published by M. Carey, 1817. State Archives North Carolina 400.1.1.982.
- [S27] Early, R H. Campbell Chronicles and Family Sketches: Embracing the History of Campbell County, Virginia, 1782-1926. Lynchburg, Va: J.P. Bell Co, 1927. https://hdl.handle.net/2027/uc1.b3624083, Personal Collection - printed book.
- [S3061] Deed between Peter Saunders and Daniel Smith in Pittslvania, Virginia - 9 June 1770. MSS1H1274b5, Virginia Historical Society, Richmond, Virginia, unknown repository address.
- [S3073] Hill, Judith Parks America, A History of Henry County, Virginia : With Biographical Sketches of Its Most Prominent Citizens and Genealogical Histories of Half a Hundred of Its Oldest Families,Press of Bulletin Printing and Publishing Company, Incorporated, 1925 - Henry County, Va.
- [S22] Hairston, Elizabeth Seawell, The Hairstons and the Penns and Their Relations, Roanoke, Virginia 1940 https://search.ancestry.com/search/db.aspx?dbid=13164, Ancestry.com.
- [S3068] Will of John Rowland - 1780 - Henry County, Virginia Will Book 1, page 37-39. Family History Library Film #007645134, images 48-49.,Family Search, Family History Library, Salt Lake City, Utah.
|Last Edited||21 Nov 2021|