|Father*||Alexander DOUGLAS of Batfoord1,2|
|Agnes DOUGLAS was the daughter of Alexander DOUGLAS of Batfoord.1,2|
|Married Name||As of 6 August 1659,her married name was HAIRSTANES.|
|Marriage*||Agnes DOUGLAS married John HAIRSTANES Laird of Craigs, son of John HAIRSTANES and Janet BATTIE, on 6 August 1659, "(Part) Marriage Contract between John Hairstoune (Hairstanes), younger of Craigis [Craigs], and Agnes Douglas, daughter of Alexander Douglas of Caifurd, WS." GD77/174/9.3,4,5,2,6|
|Property*||"HAIRSTANES - Agnes Douglas, spouse of John, apparent of Craigs. 15 Sept 1659, Vol. 7, Fol. 167, Dumfries, Kurkcudbrigt."7|
|Property*||"HAIRSTANES - Agnes Douglas, relict of John, younger of Craigs. 6 May 1674, Vol. 1, Fol. 292, Dumfries."7|
|Married Name||As of 15 April 1676,her married name was FERGUSSON.|
|Marriage*||Agnes DOUGLAS married Robert FERGUSSON of Craigdarroch, son of William FERGUSSON, on 15 April 1676.2|
|Property||"HAIRSTANES - Agnes Douglas, relict of John, younger of Craigs. 6 May 1674, Vol. 2, Fol. 111, Dumfries."7|
|Property||"Instrument of resignation by Agnes Dowglas, relict of John Herstanes (Hairstanes) of Craigs, and now spouse ot Robert Fergussone [Ferguson] of Craigdarroch, of lands of Baitford (Batford), Auchinhosswans (Auchenhessnane), and Kirklands of Tynrone (Tynron) in parishes of Penpont and Tynrone (Tynron) and sheriffdom of Dumfreis (Dumfries), in favour of herself and said Robert, whereon sasine was given." GD77/153.6|
|John HAIRSTANES Laird of Craigs d. bt 13 Jan 1670 - 19 Mar 1670|
|Robert FERGUSSON of Craigdarroch d. b Apr 1687|
- [S187] Scotland, Marriages, 1561-1910, unknown author, n.pub.
- [S3022] Records of the Clan and Name of Fergusson, Ferguson and Fergus, James Ferguson and Robert Menzies Fergusson, Edinburgh, 1895.
- [S97] Edgar, Robert. An Introduction To The History of Dumfries, J. Maxwell & Sons, Dumfries 1915, Personal Collection - pdf file of complete book.
- [S191] Old Parish Records, Dumfries & Galloway Family History Society, Dumfries, Scotland - this data was collected during my 2012 trip to Dumfries, Scotland. It is also available on the website Scotlandspeople.gov.uk.
- [S180] Old Parish Records - Scotlands People. Online www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk.
- [S3024] National Records of Scotland (H.M. General Register House, 2 Princess Street, Edinburgh, Scotland).
- [S193] Dumfries - Register of Sasines, 1672-1702.
|Last Edited||18 Aug 2016|