HAIRSTON.org ID#2186, b. about 1625
|Father*||John HAIRSTANES Laird of Craigs1 d. bt 13 Jan 1670 - 19 Mar 1670|
|Birth*||Elizabeth HAIRSTANES was born about 1625 in Dumfriesshire, Scotland.1,2|
|She was the daughter of John HAIRSTANES Laird of Craigs and Agnes GLEDSTANES.1|
|Marriage*||Elizabeth HAIRSTANES married John SHARP, son of George Scharp and Agnes LAURIE, on 30 September 1647 in Dumfries, Scotland. The Book "History of Dumfries" shows a marriage date of 21 September 1667. Mentions Elizabeth as being John Hairstens of Craig oldest daughter..2,3,4|
|Marriage*||Elizabeth HAIRSTANES married Major Thomas CARRUTHERS, son of John CARRUTHERS and Agnes DOUGLAS, on 1 December 1656 in Dumfries, Scotland.5,6,3,2|
|John SHARP d. 12 Feb 1656|
|Major Thomas CARRUTHERS b. a 1614, d. 1 Nov 1680|
- [S97] Edgar, Robert. An Introduction To The History of Dumfries, J. Maxwell & Sons, Dumfries 1915, Personal Collection - pdf file of complete book.
- [S180] Old Parish Records - Scotlands People. Online www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk.
- [S191] Old Parish Records, Dumfries & Galloway Family History Society, Dumfries, Scotland.
- [S3020] Percy Walter Lewis Adams, History of the Douglas Family of Morton in Nithsdale (Dumfriesshire) and Fingland (Kirkcudbrightshire) & Their Descendants, The Sidney Press 1921.
- [S187] Scotland, Marriages, 1561-1910, unknown author, n.pub.
- [S115] The Transactions and Journal of Proceedings of the Dumfriesshire and Galloway Natural History and Antiquarian Society, Session 1969 , Printed at the Courier and Herald Offices, Dumfries, 1970. Dumfries and Galloway Family History Society, Dumfries, Scotland.
|Last Edited||2 May 2018|