Mary Foote PATTY
HAIRSTON.org ID#1934, b. 7 August 1894, d. 14 January 1983
|Father*||Thomas Triplett PATTY b. 7 May 1856, d. 19 Dec 1899|
|Mother*||Mary Frances "Mollie" FOOTE b. 19 Oct 1859, d. 19 Aug 1908|
|Birth*||Mary Foote PATTY was born on 7 August 1894 in Mississippi.1|
|She was the daughter of Thomas Triplett PATTY and Mary Frances "Mollie" FOOTE.|
|Census 1900||Mary Foote PATTY appeared on the 1900 census of Mary Frances "Mollie" FOOTE on 14 June 1900 in Washington Street, District 67, Macon, Noxubee County, Mississippi; Mollie F 40, Thomas T 19, Robert C 17, Catherine L 15, William F 12, Henry M 10, Mary F 5.2|
|Census 1910||Mary Foote PATTY appeared on the 1910 census of Robert Calhoun PATTY on 21 April 1910 in Washington Street, Macon, Noxubee County, Mississippi; Head Robert C Patty 27, wife Rebecca P Patty, daughter Mary C Patty 8, son Robert P Patty 6, brother Thomas I Patty 29, sister Katherine L Patty 25, brother William L Patty 22, brother Henry M Patty 20, sister Mary F Patty 15.3|
|Education*||Her 1911 Macon Public School No. 1 report card for the 9th grade.|
|Married Name||As of 21 June 1915,her married name was COMBS.|
|Marriage*||Mary Foote PATTY married Charles Gaston COMBS on 21 June 1915 in Macon, Noxubee County, Mississippi. "Combs - Patty|
The marriage of Miss Mary Patty and Mr. Charlie Combs on Monday night was a pleasant surprise to their friends. The ceremony was performed at the home of the bride's brother, Mr. R. O. Patty, the Rev. R. O, Brown officiating. Only the immediate family of the bride and a few friends who "happened" were present. The bride is the daughter of the late T. T and Mollie Foote Patty. She is young woman of unusual accomplishments, and her sweet and charming manner has made her a general favor ite. The groom's genial disposition and splendid character have rendered him popular in business and in society. Mr. and Mrs. Combs left on the midnight train for Greenwood, Miss., where they will spend a few days with Mr. Combs relatives. For traveling the bride was attraciively and becomingly goomed in a navy blue cloth suit and panama hat with accessories in harmony. The friends of the young couple will be glad to khow that they will make their home in Macon, where Mr. Combs is in business."
Macon Beacon. (Macon, Miss.), 25 June 1915. Chronicling America: Historic American Newspapers. Lib. of Congress.1
|Census 1920||Mary Foote PATTY appeared on the 1920 census of Charles Gaston COMBS on 5 April 1920 in Beat 4, District 121 page 40, Sunflower Co., Mississippi; Charles (Combs) 34, Mary 25.4|
|Census 1930||Mary Foote PATTY appeared on the 1930 census of Charles Gaston COMBS on 16 April 1930 in Beat 5 District 22, Holmes Co., Mississippi; Charles (Combs) 44, Mary P. 35.5|
|Census 1940||Mary Foote PATTY appeared on the 1940 census of Robert Calhoun PATTY on 13 April 1940 in Macon, Noxubee County, Mississippi; Robert C Patty 57, wife Rebeccca Patty 58, brother William Long Patty 52, sister Mary (Patty) Combs 45 in a home on Washington Street.6|
|Married Name||As of 15 February 1949,her married name was KEIRN.|
|Marriage*||Mary Foote PATTY married Claude Leake KEIRN, son of Dr. Walter Leake KEIRN, on 15 February 1949 in Columbus, Lowndes County, Mississippi.1|
|Event-Misc*||Mary Foote PATTY was Daily Times Leader newspaper article on 26 February 1970.|
|Will*||She left a will on 18 May 1981 in West Point, Clay County, Mississippi.|
|Death*||She died on 14 January 1983 in West Point, Clay County, Mississippi, at age 88 information provided by Cockrell Funeral Home, Macon, MS.|
|Burial*||She was buried in Odd Fellows Cemetery, Noxubee County, Mississippi.|
|Charles Gaston COMBS b. 8 Jan 1886, d. 9 Oct 1937|
|Claude Leake KEIRN b. 30 Jun 1880, d. 9 Apr 1955|
- [S75] Bible - Patty Family Bible copied in 1947, Personal Collection - printed book.
- [S3633] "United States Census, 1900," database with images, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:M9XG-RQX : accessed 15 November 2021), Mollie F Patty, Beat 3 Macon town, Noxubee, Mississippi, United States; citing enumeration district (ED) 67, sheet 16B, family 379, NARA microfilm publication T623 (Washington, D.C.: National Archives and Records Administration, 1972.); FHL microfilm 1,240,822., Family Search Library, Salt Lake City, Utah.
- [S3634] "United States Census, 1910," database with images, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:MPD8-YZ5 : accessed 15 November 2021), Robert C Patty, Macon Ward 2, Noxubee, Mississippi, United States; citing enumeration district (ED) ED 87, sheet 6B, family 125, NARA microfilm publication T624 (Washington D.C.: National Archives and Records Administration, 1982), roll 754; FHL microfilm 1,374,767.
- [S1920] 1920 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration - Ancestry.com and FamilySearch.org.
- [S1930] 1930 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration - Ancestry.com and FamilySearch.org.
- [S1940] 1940 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration - Ancestry.com and FamilySearch.org.
|Last Edited||9 Dec 2021|