HAIRSTON.org ID#1875, b. about 1801, d. before 1840
|Father*||John HAIRSTON1 b. b 1755|
|Mother*||Mary Ann ROBERTSON1 b. a 1754, d. a 1840|
|Birth*||Hezekiah HAIRSTON was born about 1801 in Abbeville County, South Carolina.2,3|
|He was the son of John HAIRSTON and Mary Ann ROBERTSON.1|
|Military*||Hezekiah Hairston was a Lieutenant in the 23rd Regiment, Alabama.3|
|Employment*||Hezekiah HAIRSTON was employed by as a constable on 17 July 1823 in Montgomery County, Alabama.4|
|Marriage*||He married Susan WESTMORELAND about 1825 in Alabama.1|
|Census 1830*||Hezekiah HAIRSTON appeared on the census of 1830 in Montgomery County, Alabama, Males: 2 under 5, 1 20-29, Females: 1 under 5, 1 20-29.2|
|Patent*||He purchased 87.5 acres of public land in Township 17, Range 20, Elmore County, Alabama from the United States Land Office.5|
|Death*||He died before 1840 in Alabama.1|
|NOTE*||Notes from "The Hairston History" by Victor Hairston and Ed. Bregenzer;|
"Susan's birth and death dates from Westmoreland Bible. Deposition in 1850 by Robert and John was that their parents died in Alabama known to them only by rumor. Hezekiah listed in 1830 census Montgomery Co Ala. Was a constable in Montgomery Co in 1820. Fought in Creek Indian War 1836-1837. Listed in 1840 Montgomery Co census. Children were Listed in Westmoreland Bible."1
|Susan WESTMORELAND b. 9 Sep 1804, d. 1836|
- [S46] The Hairston History, Vic Hairston and Edward J. Bregenzer, February 12, 1998. Personal Collection - printed book.
- [S1830] 1830 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration.
- [S3434] Alabama Register of Officers 1820-1863 , Alabama Department of Archives and History, Montgomery, Alabama.
- [S3433] Alabama Civil Appointments 1818-1939, Alabama Department of Archives and History, Montgomery, Alabama.
- [S123] Bureau of Land Management, U.S. Government www.glorecords.blm.gov.
- [S140] National Archives - Mexican War.
|Last Edited||21 May 2018|