HAIRSTON.org ID#1639, b. about 1748, d. April 1813
|Father*||Moses SHELBY1 b. 5 May 1728, d. 13 Oct 1776|
|Mother*||Isabella ALEXANDER d. a 1780|
|Birth*||Evan SHELBY was born about 1748 in Prince George, Maryland.1|
|He was the son of Moses SHELBY and Isabella ALEXANDER.1|
|Marriage*||Evan SHELBY married Susannah Polk ALEXANDER, daughter of Charles ALEXANDER and Susan POLK, about 1776 in North Carolina.1,2|
|Will||In Moses SHELBY's will dated 2 September 1776 in Mecklenburg County, North Carolina, Evan SHELBY was named as an heir; Moses Shelby mentions the following children in his will; daughters Catherine, Margaret, Mary, Eleanor, Rachel, Margaret, Isabella, sons Thomas, William, Evan, Moses Jr., John.1,3|
|Census 1790*||He appeared on the census of 1790 in Mecklenburg, North Carolina, Males <16 1, 16+ 1, Females 6.4|
|Census 1800*||He appeared on the census of 1800 in Salisbury, Mecklenburg, North Carolina, Males <10 2, 10-15 1, >45 1, Females <10 1, 10-15 2, 26-44 1.5|
|Census 1810*||He appeared on the census of 1810 in Capt. Sample, Meckleburg, North Carolina, Males <10 1, 10-15 1, 16-25 1, >45 1, Females <10 1, 10-15 1, 16-25 1, >45 1.6|
|Death*||He died in April 1813 in Cabarrus, North Carolina.2|
|Burial*||He was buried in Poplar Tent Presbyterian Church Cemetery, Cabarrus Co., North Carolina.|
|Susannah Polk ALEXANDER b. 1759, d. Jan 1837|
- [S84] Shelby, Cass Knight - Paternal Ancestry of Louis Shelby - May 12, 1953, Hollidaysburg. Penn'a. Binder given to Louis Coffman Shelby (1888-1969) in 1953. Contains genealogy information, maps, photographs and an appendix with sources. Starts Evan Shelby Jr., Moses Shelby, Evan Shelby, John Milton Shelby, Charles Shelby and then Louis Shelby. There are handwritten notations indicating additional information.
- [S171] Kaiser, Barbara Rich, Guadalupe Victoria Chapter, D.A.R., Victoria, Texas and Letter to Joy Shelby Hairston - 1970, Personal Collection - original documents.
- [S3551] North Carolina Wills and Probate Records 1665-1998, Ancestry.com.
- [S1790] 1790 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration - Ancestry.com and FamilySearch.org.
- [S1800] 1800 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration - Ancestry.com and FamilySearch.org.
- [S1810] 1810 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration - Ancestry.com and FamilySearch.org.
|Last Edited||27 Jan 2016|