HAIRSTON.org ID#875, b. about 1817
|Father*||Peter HAIRSTON b. bt 1771 - 1774, d. a 1836|
|Mother*||Mattie Martha BAKER b. a 1776|
|Birth*||Lewis HAIRSTON was born about 1817 in South Carolina.1|
|He was the son of Peter HAIRSTON and Mattie Martha BAKER.|
|Relocated||Lewis HAIRSTON relocated with Peter HAIRSTON to Gwinnett County, Georgia, about 1818.2,3|
|Marriage*||Lewis HAIRSTON married Matilda COUCH on 22 October 1837 in Coweta, Georgia.4|
|Census 1840*||Lewis HAIRSTON appeared on the census of 1840 in Marietta, Cobb, Georgia, Lewis Hariston - Males <5 1, 20-29 1, Females <5 1, 15-19 1, 30-39 1.5|
|Census 1850*||He appeared on the census of 1850 in Division 19, Coweta, Georgia, Wm Hairston 10 born in Georgia was living with Elijah W. Couch, Nancy Allen Couch and family.6|
- [S46] The Hairston History, Vic Hairston and Edward J. Bregenzer, February 12, 1998. Personal Collection - printed book.
- [S43] Joyce W. Letah and Leah Stevens, Descendants of Andrew Hairston, 14 June 1996, Personal Collection - printed book.
- [S3412] Stewart, William C., 1907-. Gone to Georgia: Jackson And Gwinnett Counties And Their Neighbors In the Western Migration. Washington: National Genealogical Society, 1965., unknown repository.
- [S42] Georgia, Marriage Records From Select Counties, 1828-1978 [database on-line]. Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com Operations, Inc., 2013., Ancestry.com.
- [S1840] 1840 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration.
- [S1850] 1850 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration.
|Last Edited||20 Aug 2014|