Matilda Martin HAIRSTON
HAIRSTON.org ID#75, b. 16 February 1847
|Father*||Dr. George Stovall HAIRSTON b. 2 May 1813, d. 9 May 1863|
|Mother*||Matilda M. MARTIN b. 7 Aug 1818, d. 4 May 1854|
|Death*||Matilda Martin HAIRSTON died in Draper's Valley, Draper, Palaski, Virginia.|
|Marriage*||She married Robert Crockette TATE, son of Charles Campbell TATE and Elizabeth Friel GRAHAM.|
|Birth*||Matilda Martin HAIRSTON was born on 16 February 1847 in Marrowbone Plantation, Henry County, Virginia.1|
|She was the daughter of Dr. George Stovall HAIRSTON and Matilda M. MARTIN.|
|Census 1850||Matilda Martin HAIRSTON appeared on the 1850 census of Dr. George Stovall HAIRSTON on 10 October 1850 in Henry County, Virginia; George 37, Matilda 32, Sarah L 12, Susan J 9, Elizabeth 7, George 5, Matilda 3, Joseph 1.2|
|Census 1860||Matilda Martin HAIRSTON appeared on the 1860 census of Dr. George Stovall HAIRSTON on 11 September 1860 in Henry County, Virginia; Geo S 47, Sallie 22, Susan 18, Bettie 16, Geo 15, Matilda 13, Nicholas 8.3|
|Will||In Dr. George Stovall HAIRSTON's will dated 11 December 1862 in Henry County, Virginia, Matilda Martin HAIRSTON was named as an heir; Virginia Chancery Record Index, Henry County, 1864-016.4|
|Robert Crockette TATE b. 1845, d. 1899|
Descendant Chart Box
- [S22] Hairston, Elizabeth Seawell, The Hairstons and the Penns and Their Relations, Roanoke, Virginia 1940 https://search.ancestry.com/search/db.aspx?dbid=13164, Ancestry.com.
- [S1850] 1850 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration - Ancestry.com and FamilySearch.org.
- [S1860] 1860 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration - Ancestry.com and FamilySearch.org.
- [S3070] Court Case, Chancery Records, Henry County, VA, Library of Virginia - http://www.lva.virginia.gov
- [S3556] French, Janie Preston Collup, 1877-, and Zella Armstrong. The Crockett Family And Connecting Lines. Bristol, Tenn.: The King printing Co., 1928. https://hdl.handle.net/2027/uiug.30112124428779, Hathi Trust Digital Library.
|Last Edited||25 Mar 2021|