James Jopling HAIRSTON
HAIRSTON.org ID#717, b. 8 September 1899, d. 4 August 1970
|Father*||Samuel HAIRSTON1,2 b. 9 Feb 1865, d. 8 Jan 1933|
|Mother*||Mary May Julia JOPLING1 b. 20 Apr 1873, d. 1957|
|Marriage*||James Jopling HAIRSTON married Flossie Edna PHILLIPS.3|
|Birth*||James Jopling HAIRSTON was born on 8 September 1899 in Virginia.3,1|
|He was the son of Samuel HAIRSTON and Mary May Julia JOPLING.1,2|
|Census 1900||James Jopling HAIRSTON appeared on the 1900 census of Samuel HAIRSTON on 26 June 1900 in Tunstall, Pittsylvania County, Virginia; Samuel 35, Mary J 27, James J 8/12, Eiza Douglas 70 (Black servant).4|
|Census 1910||James Jopling HAIRSTON appeared on the 1910 census of Samuel HAIRSTON on 2 May 1910 in Tunstall, Pittsylvania County, Virginia; Sam 45, Mary 37, James 10, Sam Jr. 10, May 6, Ann 4, Ruth 1, A E George 75 (Samuel's mother), Bessie Hairston (niece).1|
|Death*||James Jopling HAIRSTON died on 4 August 1970 at age 70.3|
|Burial*||He was buried in Berry Hill Plantation, Pittsylvania, Virginia.3|
|Flossie Edna PHILLIPS b. 6 Oct 1901, d. 2 Jul 1968|
|Charts||Descendant Chart (#1)|
Descendant Chart (#2)
Descendant Chart Box
- [S1910] 1910 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration - Ancestry.com and FamilySearch.org.
- [S24] Hall, Wm. Kearney 1918-. Descendants of Nicholas Perkins of Virginia. 1957 Ann Arbor, Michigan.
https://hdl.handle.net/2027/wu.89069618338, Hathi Trust Digital Library.
- [S14] Berry Hill Plantation Cemetery, Pittsylvania County, Virginia.
- [S1900] 1900 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration - Ancestry.com and FamilySearch.org.
- [S3492] Hairston, Judge Peter Wilson, Some Descendants of Peter Hairston - 1986, Personal Collection - copy.
|Last Edited||24 Jul 2019|