HAIRSTON.org ID#7001, d. 1744
|Marriage*||William MAYO married Frances GOLD in Barbadoes.1|
|Marriage*||William MAYO married Ann PERRATT about 1732 in Barbadoes.1|
|Property*||William Mayo acquired 3,000 acres in Goochland County on 21 Aug 1734. One of his neighbors were George Stovall.2|
|Property||William Mayo acquired 6,778 acres in Goochland County on 27 Feb 1735.2|
|Death*||William MAYO died in 1744.1|
|Property||A deed is recorded between Maj. William Mayo and Samuel Hairston for 400 acres of land on the branches of Rockfish River near the Blue Mountains. The deed was witnessed by George Carrington, Samuel Cobbs, and Clement Read.|
"The Rockfish River is formed in Nelson County, Virginia by the confluence of its North and South Forks, both of which rise in the Blue Ridge Mountains near the Blue Ridge Parkway. It flows generally southeastwardly through northern Nelson County; in its lower course the river is used to define the boundary between Nelson and Albemarle Counties. It enters the James River from the northwest on the common boundary of the two counties, about 8 mi (13 km) southwest of Scotville."
Nelson County is now in Kentucky and Albemarle was formed from Goochland.3,4,5
|Probate*||His estate was probated on 20 November 1744 in Goochland County, Virginia.1|
|Frances GOLD d. b 1732|
|Ann PERRATT d. 1773|
- [S169] Mackenzie, George Norbury, 1851-1919. Colonial Families of the United States of America: In Which Is Given the History, Genealogy And Armorial Bearings of Colonial Families Who Settled In the American Colonies From the Time of the Settlement of Jamestown, 13th May, 1607, to the Battle of Lexington, 19th April, 1775. New York: The Grafton Press, 1907. https://hdl.handle.net/2027/wu.89058675869, Hathi Trust Digital Library.
- [S3121] Hudgins, Dennis R. Cavaliers and Pioneers: Abstracts of Virginia Land Patents and Grants : Volume Four, 1732-1741. Richmond, Va: Virginia Genealogical Society, 1994. Print., Personal Collection - printed book.
- [S77] Brown, Alexander, The Cabells and Their Kin - A Memorial Volume, The Riverside Press, Cambridge 1895 https://hdl.handle.net/2027/wu.89058675919, Hathi Trust Digital Library.
- [S3275] Goochland County Virginia Court Order Book 5, 1741-1744, Reel 22, Page 337, Library of Virginia, Richmond, Virginia.
- [S3389] Weisiger, Benjamin B. III. Goochland County, Virginia Wills and Deeds 1742-1749, unknown repository.
|Last Edited||8 Jun 2018|