Franklin Caldwell HAIRSTON
HAIRSTON.org ID#694, b. 7 October 1862, d. 11 March 1902
|Father*||Peter Wilson HAIRSTON b. 25 Nov 1819, d. 17 Feb 1886|
|Mother*||Fanny McCay CALDWELL b. 29 Aug 1834, d. 24 Jun 1907|
|Birth*||Franklin Caldwell HAIRSTON was born on 7 October 1862 in Virginia.1,2,3|
|He was the son of Peter Wilson HAIRSTON and Fanny McCay CALDWELL.|
|Census 1870||Franklin Caldwell HAIRSTON appeared on the 1870 census of Peter Wilson HAIRSTON on 21 June 1870 in Ward 11, Baltimore, Maryland; |
Year: 1870; Census Place: Baltimore Ward 11, Baltimore, Maryland; Roll: M593_576; Page: 78A; Image: 159; Family History Library Film: 552075.4
|Will||In Peter Wilson HAIRSTON's will dated 30 September 1874 in Baltimore, Maryland, Franklin Caldwell HAIRSTON was named as executor.5|
|Census 1880||He appeared on the 1880 census of Peter Wilson HAIRSTON on 3 June 1880 in Sauratown, Stokes County, North Carolina.2 |
|Census 1900||Franklin Caldwell HAIRSTON appeared on the 1900 census of Fanny McCay CALDWELL on 11 June 1900 in Fulton, Davie Co., North Carolina; |
Year: 1900; Census Place: Fulton, Davie, North Carolina; Roll: 1191; Page: 7A; Enumeration District: 0069; FHL microfilm: 1241191.3
|Death*||Franklin Caldwell HAIRSTON died on 11 March 1902 at age 39.1|
|Burial*||He was buried in Berry Hill Cemetery, Pittsylvania Co., Virginia.1|
|Obituary*||THE DAVIE RECORD|
Mr. Frank C. Hairston Dead.
Mr. Hairston died in the Hospital in Baltimore last tuesday evening of pneumonia. He was a resident of Davie County, and had gone to Baltimore for treatment. Mr. hairston was a son of Mr. Peter W. Hairston who owned a large landed estate in this county, and his family have been residing at his old home near Fork church for a number of years. Mr. Hairston was elected to the State Senate in 1898 from this District, and was about 38 years old at the time of his death. Our sympathy is extended to the family of the deceased.
The Davie Record, Mocksville, North carolina, Wednesday, March 19, 1902, Page 4. (Newspapers.com.)
|Charts||Descendant Chart (#1)|
Descendant Chart (#2)
Descendant Chart Box
- [S14] Berry Hill Plantation Cemetery, Pittsylvania County, Virginia.
- [S1880] 1880 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration - Ancestry.com and FamilySearch.org.
- [S1900] 1900 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration - Ancestry.com and FamilySearch.org.
- [S1870] 1870 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration - Ancestry.com and FamilySearch.org.
- [S3520] Will of Peter W. Hairston 1874, Lowndes County, MS 1886 - Mississippi Probate Records, 1781-1930," images, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:3QS7-99Q6-RXXL : 21 May 2014), Lowndes > Wills 1847-1889 vol 1 > image 303 of 341; county courthouses and public libraries, Mississippi., Lowndes County Courthouse,.
|Last Edited||12 May 2016|