Mary Louisa HAIRSTON
HAIRSTON.org ID#668, b. 8 September 1855, d. 16 May 1936
|Father*||Robert Henry HAIRSTON1,2,3 b. 2 Jan 1824, d. 30 Jan 1903|
|Mother*||Elizabeth Dudley SAUNDERS|
|Birth*||Mary Louisa HAIRSTON was born on 8 September 1855 in Virginia.4,5|
|She was the daughter of Robert Henry HAIRSTON and Elizabeth Dudley SAUNDERS.1,2,3|
|Census 1860||Mary Louisa HAIRSTON appeared on the 1860 census of Col. George "Old Rusty" HAIRSTON Jr. in 1860 in Henry County, Virginia; Geo 75, Robt 36, Mary 5 (Robert's daughter), Bettie 2 (Robert's daughter), Thomas Pugh 57.3|
|Census 1860*||Mary Louisa HAIRSTON appeared on the census of 1860 in Henry, Virginia, living with her grandfather George.3|
|Census 1870||She appeared on the 1870 census of Robert Henry HAIRSTON on 8 August 1870 in Martinsville, Henry, Virginia; Robert 46, Elizabeth 45, Mary 13, Elizabeth 11.6|
|Census 1880||Mary Louisa HAIRSTON appeared on the 1880 census of Robert Henry HAIRSTON on 4 June 1880 in Martinsville, Henry, Virginia; Robert 56, Elizabeth 57, Mary L. 24, Elizabeth 21.1|
|Marriage*||Mary Louisa HAIRSTON married Henry Mauzy DARNALL on 5 July 1881.4,2,5|
|Burial*||Mary Louisa HAIRSTON was buried in Fair View Cemetery, Roanoke City, Virginia.5|
|Death*||She died on 16 May 1936 at age 80.2,5|
|Henry Mauzy DARNALL b. 13 Sep 1857, d. 8 Jul 1915|
Descendant Chart Box
- [S1880] 1880 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration.
- [S3074] Hale, Nathaniel Claiborne, Roots In Virginia: an Account of Captain Thomas Hale, Virginia Frontiersman, His Descendants And Related Families. With Genealogies And Sketches of Hale, Saunders, Lucke, Claiborne, Lacy, Tobin And Contributing Ancestral Lines. Philadelphia?, 1948.
https://hdl.handle.net/2027/wu.89066151580, Hathi Trust Digital Library.
- [S1860] 1860 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration.
- [S22] Hairston, Elizabeth Seawell, The Hairstons and the Penns and Their Relations, Roanoke, Virginia 1940, Family History Library, Salt Lake City, Utah.
- [S48] Find A Grave Website with Photo - only listings with photos of grave markers that are contemporary to the deceased individuals death are acceptable for genealogical proof.
- [S1870] 1870 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration.
|Last Edited||9 Jun 2016|