Capt. Brice MARTIN
|Father*||Capt. Joseph MARTIN1,2 d. a 1761|
|Mother*||Susanna "Ann" CHILES1|
|Capt. Brice MARTIN was the son of Capt. Joseph MARTIN and Susanna "Ann" CHILES.1,2|
|Will||Capt. Brice MARTIN was mentioned in the will of Capt. Joseph MARTIN on 3 December 1760 in Albemarle County, Virginia; Mentions: wife Ann Martin, sons Brice Martin, William Martin, Joseph Martin, John Martin, George Martin, daughter Susannah Martin, Mary Hammack, Sarah Burrus, Martha Martin, Ann Martin, Olive Martin. Executors Isaac Davis and Thomas Burris. Witnesses John Hensloo and John Jones.3|
|Military*||1775 - "At a meeting of the Commonwealth of Pittsylvania county Wed. 27th Sept. 1775, the following gentlemen were nominated as Officers for the Militia Agreeable to the Ordinance of Convention viz:|
|Military||Brice Martin is listed as a Capt. in Henry County in 1780.5|
|Court Record*||In 1795 filed in Henry County, the executors of the Mordecai Hord estate vs Brice Martin over money owed the estate. - Henry County Court Case #1795-002.6|
|Probate||Capt. Brice MARTIN was mentioned in the probate of the estate of Mordecai HORD on 28 November 1796 in Henry, Virginia; William Hord, Stanwix Hord, Brice Martin and William Rowland are mentioned. - Henry County Will Book 1, pages 264-266. FSL 7645134-162.7,8|
- [S3327] Horton, Lucy Henderson. Family History, Press of the News, Franklin, Tenn. 1922. https://hdl.handle.net/2027/wu.89066169020, Hathi Trust Digital Library.
- [S146] Woods, Edgar. Albemarle County in Virginia: Giving Some Account of What It Was by Nature, of What It Was Made by Man, and of Some of the Men Who Made It. Charlottesville, Va.: Michie Co., printers, 1901. Print. https://hdl.handle.net/2027/hvd.32044019921394, Personal Collection - printed book.
- [S3588] King, J. E. S. (1940). Abstracts of wills, inventories, and administration accounts of Albemarle County, Virginia (1748-1800) Amherst County, Virginia (1761-1800).
https://www.familysearch.org/search/catalog/99022, Family Search Library, Salt Lake City, Utah.
- [S3558] Virginia Historical Society. The Virginia Magazine of History and Biography, Vol. 19, Dec 1911, pp.307 https://hdl.handle.net/2027/hvd.32044090087610, Hathi Trust Digital Library.
- [S149] McAllister, J T. Virginia Militia in the Revolutionary War: Mcallister's Data. Hot Springs, Va: McAllister Pub. Co, 1913. Print. https://hdl.handle.net/2027/njp.32101013939630, Hathi Trust Digital Library.
- [S3787] Virginia Chancery Records Index, Library of Virginia - https://www.lva.virginia.gov/chancery/default.asp#res
- [S3684] Adams, Lela C., Henry County, Virginia, Will Abstracts Vol. I & II 1777-1820. Southern Historical Press, Inc., Easley, South Carolina, 1985., Personal Collection - printed book.
- [S3781] Henry County Virginia Will Book 1-3 1777-1831 - Family Search Library Film 7645134., Family Search Library, Salt Lake City, Utah.
|Last Edited||13 Aug 2023|