Capt. Joseph MARTIN
HAIRSTON.org ID#6317, d. about 1761
|Capt. Joseph MARTIN was the son of William MARTIN.1|
|Marriage*||Capt. Joseph MARTIN married Susanna "Ann" CHILES, daughter of John CHILDS and Eleanor (surname unknown).2,1,3,4|
|Will*||Capt. Joseph MARTIN left a will on 3 December 1760 in Albemarle County, Virginia. Mentions: wife Ann Martin, sons Brice Martin, William Martin, Joseph Martin, John Martin, George Martin, daughter Susannah Martin, Mary Hammack, Sarah Burrus, Martha Martin, Ann Martin, Olive Martin. Executors Isaac Davis and Thomas Burris. Witnesses John Hensloo and John Jones.5|
|Death*||He died about 1761 in Albemarle County, Virginia.1,6,4,3|
|Probate*||His estate was probated on 14 January 1762 in Albemarle County, Virginia.5|
|Susanna "Ann" CHILES|
- [S22] Hairston, Elizabeth Seawell, The Hairstons and the Penns and Their Relations, Roanoke, Virginia 1940 https://search.ancestry.com/search/db.aspx?dbid=13164, Ancestry.com.
- [S145] Pedigo, Virginia G. and Pedigo, Lewis Gravely. History of Patrick and Henry Counties, Virginia - Genealogical Publishing Co., 1933 available on ancestry.com - CAUTION - this book was written in 1933 and has many errors regarding the Hairston family., Personal Collection - printed book.
- [S3327] Horton, Lucy Henderson. Family History, Press of the News, Franklin, Tenn. 1922. https://hdl.handle.net/2027/wu.89066169020, Hathi Trust Digital Library.
- [S146] Woods, Edgar. Albemarle County in Virginia: Giving Some Account of What It Was by Nature, of What It Was Made by Man, and of Some of the Men Who Made It. Charlottesville, Va.: Michie Co., printers, 1901. Print. https://hdl.handle.net/2027/hvd.32044019921394, Personal Collection - printed book.
- [S3588] King, J. E. S. (1940). Abstracts of wills, inventories, and administration accounts of Albemarle County, Virginia (1748-1800) Amherst County, Virginia (1761-1800).
https://www.familysearch.org/search/catalog/99022, Family Search Library, Salt Lake City, Utah.
- [S3355] Biographical Sketch of Gen. Jos. Martin by his son William Martin, Virginia Historical Society. The Virginia Magazine of History and Biography, Year Ending June, 1901, Vol. 13, pages 374-359, Hathi Trust Digital Library.
|Last Edited||15 Jul 2023|