HAIRSTON.org ID#614, b. 18 May 1754, d. 19 June 1816
|Father*||Matthew MOSELEY b. a 1735|
|Birth*||William MOSELEY was born on 18 May 1754 in Cumberland County, Virginia.|
|He was the son of Matthew MOSELEY and Martha LIGON.|
|County Name*||Powhatan County formed from Cumberland County, VA.|
|Marriage*||William MOSELEY married Rebecca Clarke TOWNES, daughter of John TOWNES and Martha ALLEN, on 12 February 1788 in Amelia County, Virginia. Surety was William Harrison.1,2,3|
|Census 1810*||William MOSELEY appeared on the census of 1810 in Powhatan County, Virginia, William Moseley, Males: under 10 3, 10-15 1, 26-44 1, 45+ 1, Females: under 10 1, 16-25 3, 26-44 1, 45+ 1, Slaves: 22.4|
|Will*||William L. Moseley left a will dated 14 Jul 1814 in Powhatan County mentioning: his wife Rebecca C. Moseley, sons Jno. T. Moseley and Wm. A. Moseley and daughter Martha A. Moseley (not married). Wife is Executrix and Armstead T. Townes (Rebecca's brother" and Major Edward Moseley are executors.2|
|Death*||He died on 19 June 1816 in Virginia at age 62.2|
|Probate*||His estate was probated after 19 June 1816 in Powhatan County, Virginia; Will Book 5, 1815-1816.2|
|Rebecca Clarke TOWNES b. 18 May 1765, d. 21 Aug 1846|
- [S198] Virginia Marriage Records: From the Virginia Magazine of History and Biography, (n.pub.).
- [S286] Will of William Moseley - 1814, Powhatan County, Virginia, Will Book 5, 1815-1819.
- [S3730] Katherine Waits Ewing Collection ca. 1920-1979, Manuscripts Department, Tennessee State Library and Archives, Nashville, Tennessee, unknown repository.
- [S1810] 1810 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration - Ancestry.com and FamilySearch.org.
- [S3216] Biographical and Historical Memoirs of Mississippi: Embracing an authentic and comprehensive account of the chief events in the history of the state and a record of the lives of many of the most worthy and illustrious families and individuals. (1891). Chicago: Goodspeed Pub. Co. https://hdl.handle.net/2027/chi.102898824, Hathi Trust Digital Library.
|Last Edited||19 Jul 2023|