HAIRSTON.org ID#5627, b. about 1772, d. about January 1854
|Marriage*||Ephraim LYLES married Frances Elizabeth FOOTE, daughter of George FOOTE and Margaret "Peggy" KINCHELOE.1|
|Birth*||Ephraim LYLES was born about 1772 in South Carolina.2|
|Census 1790*||He appeared on the census of 1790 in Newberry Co., South Carolina, Males; under 16 4, 16+ 1, Females; 3, slaves 1.3|
|Will||He was mentioned in the will of George FOOTE on 9 September 1808 in Chester County, South Carolina; naming the following children; sons Newton, George, heirs of John (deceased), Gilson, William, James; son-in-laws Epheam Lyles and Bejamin Hart and his sons "their mother my wife Nancy Foote" Henry, Richard & Berriman.|
A transcription of his will may be found at the South Carolina Department of Archives and History -
|Census 1820*||Ephraim LYLES appeared on the census of 1820 in Fairfield Co., South Carolina, Males; 16-25 1, 45+ 1, Females; 10-15 2, 16-25 1, 45+ 1.5|
|Census 1850*||He appeared on the census of 29 August 1850 in Newberry Co., South Carolina.2 |
|Will*||He left a will on 12 November 1853 in Newberry District, South Carolina. Lists daughters Rebecca Glenn and Louisa F. Worthy, grandsons Ephraim L. Glenn and Thomas B. Glenn, grandaughter Sarah A. Henderson. Wife is not listed.1|
|Death*||He died about January 1854.1|
|Probate*||His estate was probated on 6 January 1854 in Newberry District, South Carolina.1|
|Frances Elizabeth FOOTE b. a 1772, d. a 29 Aug 1850|
- [S3203] Will of Ephraim Lyles - 17xx-1854 - Newberry District, South Carolina, Will Book 2, Page 159-160, South Carolina Department of Archives and History, unknown repository address.
- [S1850] 1850 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration.
- [S1790] 1790 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration.
- [S3202] Will of George Foote - 9 Sep 1808, Chester Co., South Carolina, Will Book D, Page 355, South Carolina Department of Archives and History.
- [S1820] 1820 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration.
|Last Edited||8 Jun 2016|