HAIRSTON.org ID#5495, b. 20 January 1734, d. about December 1808
|Father*||George FOOTE2,3 b. a 1700, d. 1759|
|Mother*||Frances BERRYMAN2 b. a 1708|
|Birth*||George FOOTE was born on 20 January 1734 in Virginia.1,3|
|He was the son of George FOOTE and Frances BERRYMAN.2,3|
|Marriage*||George FOOTE married Margaret "Peggy" KINCHELOE, daughter of John KINCHELOE and Elizabeth CANTERBURY, after 1755 in Virginia.4|
|Will||George FOOTE was mentioned in the will of George FOOTE on 31 May 1759 in Fauquier Co., Virginia; George Foote (c1700-1759) will lists: wife Mary, sons; William, Richard, Gilson, Henry, George and daughters Elizabeth, Frances and Bethelon.|
Fauquier Co., Virginia Will Book 1, 1759-1783.4,5
|Marriage*||George FOOTE married Nancy (surname unknown) after 1781.6|
|Census 1790*||George FOOTE appeared on the census of 1790 in Chester County, South Carolina, Males: under 16 1, 16+ 2, Females 3, slaves 10.7|
|Census 1800*||He appeared on the census of 1800 in Chester County, South Carolina, Males: under 10 2, 10-15 1, 45+ 1, Females: 45+ 1.8|
|Will||He was mentioned in the will of John FOOTE on 13 April 1806 in Fairfield County, South Carolina; Lists wife Isabel and sons William and James. States his father is still living. Witnessed by John Foote, Mary Liles and Aramanus Liles (Lyles.)9|
|Will*||George FOOTE left a will on 9 September 1808 in Chester County, South Carolina, naming the following children; sons Newton, George, heirs of John (deceased), Gilson, William, James; son-in-laws Epheam Lyles and Bejamin Hart and his sons "their mother my wife Nancy Foote" Henry, Richard & Berriman.|
A transcription of his will may be found at the South Carolina Department of Archives and History -
|Death*||He died about December 1808 in South Carolina.6|
|Probate*||His estate was probated on 14 December 1808 in Chester County, South Carolina; Will Book D, Page 355.6|
|Margaret "Peggy" KINCHELOE|
|Nancy (surname unknown)|
- [S3200] Tillman, James David. Tillman & Hamilton Family Records: With Their Many Ancestral Lineages. Meridian, Miss.: 1959-1963. https://hdl.handle.net/2027/wu.89062498571, Hathi Trust Digital Library.
- [S3197] Chapman, C. Stuart; Shelby Foote A Writers Life, University Press of Mississippi, Jackson, 2006.
- [S3214] McPherson, L. Dwinell. Kincheloe, McPherson, and related families: their genealogies and biographies. Washington, 1951. https://hdl.handle.net/2027/wu.89061974374, Hathi Trust Digital Library.
- [S3199] King, J. Estelle Stewart; Abstracts of Wills and Inventories of Fairfax County, Virginia 1742-1801, With Rent Rolls for 1761 and 1774, Genealogical Publishing Co., Baltimore, 1978-1996, Ancestry.com.
- [S3219] King, J. Estelle Stewart; Abstracts of Wills, Administrations, and Marriages of Fauquier County, Virginia 1759-1800, Genealogical Publishing, Baltimore, 1978.
- [S3202] Will of George Foote - 9 Sep 1808, Chester Co., South Carolina, Will Book D, Page 355, South Carolina Department of Archives and History.
- [S1790] 1790 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration.
- [S1800] 1800 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration.
- [S3205] Will of John Foote - 13 April 1806, Fairfield District, South Carolina, Will Book 5, Page 130, South Carolina Department of Archives and History.
- [S48] Find A Grave Website with Photo - only listings with photos of grave markers that are contemporary to the deceased individuals death are acceptable for genealogical proof.
|Last Edited||2 Jun 2017|