Cheeves Hayward FOOTE
HAIRSTON.org ID#5561, b. 14 June 1811, d. 16 October 1879
|Father*||Richard FOOTE1 d. Feb 1834|
|Mother*||Hellen Gibbon STUART1 b. a 1776, d. 8 Mar 1815|
|Marriage*||Cheeves Hayward FOOTE married Sarah Jane FISHER.2,3|
|Birth*||Cheeves Hayward FOOTE was born on 14 June 1811 in Prince William County, Virginia.2,4,3|
|He was the son of Richard FOOTE and Hellen Gibbon STUART.1|
|Immigration*||Cheeves Hayward FOOTE immigrated in 1838 to Rankin County, Mississippi, employed as a teacher at Centennary College.3|
|Census 1850*||He appeared on the census of 2 October 1850 in Warren County, Mississippi.5 |
|Death Spouse*||He's wife, Sarah Jane FISHER, died on 10 September 1856.3|
|Marriage*||He married Ann C. GIBSON on 30 November 1858.3|
|Census 1860*||Cheeves Hayward FOOTE was Head of Household on 15 September 1860 in Hinds County, Mississippi.6 |
|Marriage*||He married Elizabeth HENDERSON, daughter of George HENDERSON and Nancy Ann THOMPSON, on 12 July 1866.3|
|Census 1870*||Cheeves Hayward FOOTE was Head of Household on 24 August 1870 in Township 14, Hinds County, Mississippi.7 |
|Death*||He died on 16 October 1879 in Cayuga, Hinds County, Mississippi, at age 68.2,4,3|
|Burial*||He was buried in Cayuga Cemetery, Hinds County, Mississippi.4|
|Sarah Jane FISHER b. 30 Nov 1827, d. 10 Sep 1856|
|Ann C. GIBSON b. a 1828|
|Elizabeth HENDERSON b. 3 Jul 1824, d. 20 May 1891|
- [S3201] John Holt Rice; The Virginia Magazine of History and Biography Vol. 30, No. 4 (Oct., 1922), pp. 319-322, jstor.org.
- [S3200] Tillman, James David. Tillman & Hamilton Family Records: With Their Many Ancestral Lineages. Meridian, Miss.: 1959-1963. https://hdl.handle.net/2027/wu.89062498571, Hathi Trust Digital Library.
- [S3305] Virginia historical Society. The Virginia Magazine of History and Biography, Year Ending December 31, 1922, Vol. 30, pages 393-394, Hathi Trust Digital Library.
- [S48] Find A Grave Website with Photo - only listings with photos of grave markers that are contemporary to the deceased individuals death are acceptable for genealogical proof.
- [S1850] 1850 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration.
- [S1860] 1860 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration.
- [S1870] 1870 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration.
|Last Edited||2 Jun 2017|