HAIRSTON.org ID#4950, b. December 1705, d. 1795
|Birth*||Col. Jeremiah EARLY was born in December 1705 in Ireland.1,4|
|Marriage*||He married Elizabeth BUFORD, daughter of Thomas BUFORD Jr., on 16 October 1728.1,4|
|Property||8 August 1750 Culpepper County, Virginia - Robert Martin, of St. Thomas Parrish, Orange Co., and Ann, to Jeremiah Early, of St. Thomas Parrish, Culpepper County, Gilgo Run, Hawkbill, 400 acres patented to Robert, 20th September. Page 787.5|
|Property*||5 April 1755 Augusta County, Virginia, Col. Jeremiah EARLY acquires 200 acers on Jilgo run, Elk Run.5|
|Military*||September 1758 Bedford County, Virginia - Jeremiah Early was a Lieutenant in the Bedford County Militia.2|
|Court Record*||3 April 1767 Bedford County, Virginia - Jeremaih Early, Samuel Hairstone, John Phelps, Robert Ewing, Charles Talbot, William Mead, Richard Stith and Joseph Rentfro were Justices of the Peace in Bedford County, Virginia.6|
|Military||28 December 1778 Bedford County, Virginia[ - M]; Jeremiah Early was sworn in as a Colonel in the Bedford County Militia.3|
|Death*||He died in 1795 in Madison County, Virginia.1|
- [S3074] Hale, Nathaniel Claiborne, Roots In Virginia: an Account of Captain Thomas Hale, Virginia Frontiersman, His Descendants And Related Families. With Genealogies And Sketches of Hale, Saunders, Lucke, Claiborne, Lacy, Tobin And Contributing Ancestral Lines. Philadelphia?, 1948.
https://hdl.handle.net/2027/wu.89066151580, Hathi Trust Digital Library.
- [S3038] Hening, William Waller - The Statutes at Large; Being a Collection of All the Laws of Virginia from the First Session of the Legislature in the year 1619. Richmond, 1810-1823. https://hdl.handle.net/2027/uc1.31210002606166, Hathi Trust Digital Library.
- [S149] McAllister, J T. Virginia Militia in the Revolutionary War: Mcallister's Data. Hot Springs, Va: McAllister Pub. Co, 1913. Print. https://hdl.handle.net/2027/njp.32101013939630, Hathi Trust Digital Library.
- [S3379] Buford, Marcus Bainbridge, Capt., History and Genealogy of the Buford Family In America, Revised and Enlarged Edtion, 1903. https://hdl.handle.net/2027/wu.89080566136, Hathi Trust Digital Library.
- [S3259] Augusta County (Va.), . (191213). Chronicles of the Scotch-Irish Settlement in Virginia: extracted from the original court records of Augusta County, 1745-1800. Volume 1. Rosslyn, Va.: Printers: The Commonwealth Printing Co. https://hdl.handle.net/2027/hvd.hn4xqt. Hathi Trust Digital Library, unknown repository address.
- [S3266] Virginia State Library. Bulletin. Justices of the Peace of Colonial Virginia: 1757-1775. Richmond, [Virginia]: Sup. public printing, 1922. https://hdl.handle.net/2027/hvd.32044032313074, Hathi Trust Digital Library.
|Last Edited||8 Feb 2018|