John RENTFRO (RENFRO)
|Father*||Joseph RENTFRO1 b. a 1700, d. b 25 Mar 1776|
|Mother*||Mary (surname unknown)1|
|John RENTFRO (RENFRO) was the son of Joseph RENTFRO and Mary (surname unknown).1|
|Marriage*||John RENTFRO (RENFRO) married Abigail (surname unknown).2|
|Military*||1775 - "At a meeting of the Commonwealth of Pittsylvania county Wed. 27th Sept. 1775, the following gentlemen were nominated as Officers for the Militia Agreeable to the Ordinance of Convention viz:|
Jno. Renfro, Ensigns."3
|Military||July 1780 - John Renfro is listed as an officer in Company A of Henry County.|
William Murphy of St. Francis County, Missouri in a 1833, Declaration of Virginia Militia Pensioners, stated that he was a private under Capt. John Renfro and others in "Col. Lincolns so-called Light Horse of Bedford". He also served under Capt. Peter Hairston in April 1777.4
|Tax Rolls*||Franklin County, Virginia, 1786 - John Rentfro appeared on the tax rolls.5|
|Abigail (surname unknown)|
- [S3055] Will of Joseph Rentfro - 1772 - Bedford County, Virginia Will Book 1.
- [S3164] Joseph Rentfro Family - William G. Scrogins 7 Nov 1989.
- [S3558] Virginia Historical Society. The Virginia Magazine of History and Biography, Vol. 19, Dec 1911, pp.307 https://hdl.handle.net/2027/hvd.32044090087610, Hathi Trust Digital Library.
- [S149] McAllister, J T. Virginia Militia in the Revolutionary War: Mcallister's Data. Hot Springs, Va: McAllister Pub. Co, 1913. Print. https://hdl.handle.net/2027/njp.32101013939630, Hathi Trust Digital Library.
- [S3079] Wingfield, Marshall. Franklin County, Virginia: A History. Berryville, VA: Chesapeake Book Co, 1964. Print., Personal Collection - printed book.
|Last Edited||17 Oct 2021|