Col. John WILSON
HAIRSTON.org ID#4045, b. about 1740, d. 21 May 1820
|Mother*||Ailcey (surname unknown)1|
|Birth*||Col. John WILSON was born about 1740.2,3|
|He was the son of Peter WILSON and Ailcey (surname unknown).1|
|Marriage*||Col. John WILSON married Mary Cody LUMPKIN in 1767.1,2,4|
|Property||1773 Halifax County - 296 acs. Halifax County on the branches of the Dan River, crossing Poplar branch and a fork thereof, crossing a br. of White Walnut Creek, adjacent Peter Wilson & Silvester; 15 Jun 1773, p.367. 1 Pound 10 Shillings.5|
|Military*||Listed as Col. John Wilson of the Virginia Militia, 12 Mar 1777. The Virginia Magazine of History and Biography, Vol. X-No.1 July, 1902.|
|Elected*||Col. John WILSON was Elected in 1778, Virginia House of Delegates for Pittsylvania County, Virginia.|
|Property*||Land grant, 1 March 1781, for 80 acres located in Pittsylvania County, Virginia, to John Wilson from Governor Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826). |
Accession 30016b. Personal papers collection, The Library of Virginia, Richmond, Virginia. Photostats (negative).
|Elected||He was Elected in 1782, Virginia House of Delegates for Pittsylvania Co., Virginia.|
|Elected||He was Elected in 1788, a member of the Constitutional Convention.|
|Death*||He died on 21 May 1820 in Pittsylvania County, Virginia.2,6|
|Mary Cody LUMPKIN b. 1748|
- [S3147] Haven, Doris; Wilson Roots and Branches 1991, Family Search Library, Salt Lake City, Utah.
- [S73] Daughters of American Revolution (DAR) - This information has been claimed, but I have no idea if it is accurate.
- [S3717] Coleman, Daniel and Cody, Lucillius Lewis - Lumpkin-Wilson or John Wilson, 1740-1820, of Pittsylvania County, Va. - 1929 FSL 721808, Family Search Library, Salt Lake City, Utah.
- [S3149] Clement, Maud Carter: The History of Pittsylvania County, Virginia.
- [S3124] Hudgins, Dennis R. Cavaliers and Pioneers: Abstracts of Virginia Land Patents and Grants : Volume Seven, 1762-1776. Richmond, Va: Virginia Genealogical Society, 1999. Print., Personal Collection - printed book.
- [S3148] U.S. Headstone Applications for Military Veterans, 1925-1963: Ancestry.com.
- [S24] Hall, Wm. Kearney 1918-. Descendants of Nicholas Perkins of Virginia. 1957 Ann Arbor, Michigan.
https://hdl.handle.net/2027/wu.89069618338, Hathi Trust Digital Library.
|Last Edited||21 Jun 2023|