Col. George WALLER
HAIRSTON.org ID#3358, b. 1734, d. 18 November 1814
|Birth*||Col. George WALLER was born in 1734 in Virginia.1,2|
|Marriage*||He married Ann Winston CARR, daughter of Capt. William CARR and Elizabeth WINSTON, in 1760.1,2|
|Military*||1775 - "At a meeting of the Commonwealth of Pittsylvania county Wed. 27th Sept. 1775, the following gentlemen were nominated as Officers for the Militia Agreeable to the Ordinance of Convention viz: ....George Waller....Lieut.......". Fought with Gen. Green at Guilford Court House and stayed with Gen, Green until victory at Yortown.3,2|
|Court Record||Lt. Col. Peter Hyde SAUNDERS; Peter Saunders, George Waller, Edmund Lyne and Abraham Penn held the first court in Henry County, Virginia.2,4|
|Court Record*||1779 - George Waller and John Salmon appointed to let the building of a prison, stocks and pillory in Henry County.5|
|Property*||Col. George Waller, Major John Redd, Mordecai Hord (sold Hordsville Plantation to the Hairstons) and Capt. George Hairston were neighbors in Virginia in the early 1780's.|
|Will||In Mordecai HORD's will dated 29 September 1783 in Henry, Virginia, Col. George WALLER was named as executor; He mentions sons Stanwix, William, John, Mordecia, daughters Jane Fleming (wife of John Fleming), and Mary Hord. George Waller and William Hord as executors. - Henry County Will Book 1, pages 177-180. FSL 7645134-118.6,7|
|Death*||He died on 18 November 1814 in Henry County, Virginia.1,2|
|Burial*||He was buried in Oakwood Cemetery, Henry County, Virginia; |
Photo: Find A Grave by S. G. Thompson.1
|Ann Winston CARR b. a 1735, d. 1839|
- [S48] Find A Grave Website with Photo - only listings with photos of grave markers that are contemporary to the deceased individuals death are acceptable for genealogical proof.
- [S3073] Hill, Judith Parks America, A History of Henry County, Virginia : With Biographical Sketches of Its Most Prominent Citizens and Genealogical Histories of Half a Hundred of Its Oldest Families, Press of Bulletin Printing and Publishing Company, Incorporated, 1925 - Henry County, Va. (THERE ARE MANY ERRORS IN THIS BOOK) Ancestry.com.
- [S3558] Virginia Historical Society. The Virginia Magazine of History and Biography, Vol. 19, Dec 1911, pp.307 https://hdl.handle.net/2027/hvd.32044090087610, Hathi Trust Digital Library.
- [S22] Hairston, Elizabeth Seawell, The Hairstons and the Penns and Their Relations, Roanoke, Virginia 1940 https://search.ancestry.com/search/db.aspx?dbid=13164, Ancestry.com.
- [S3046] Virginia Historical Society. The Virginia Magazine of History And Biography. Richmond: Virginia Historical Society, June 1902, Volume IX., Hathi Trust Digital Library.
- [S3684] Adams, Lela C., Henry County, Virginia, Will Abstracts Vol. I & II 1777-1820. Southern Historical Press, Inc., Easley, South Carolina, 1985., Personal Collection - printed book.
- [S3781] Henry County Virginia Will Book 1-3 1777-1831 - Family Search Library Film 7645134., Family Search Library, Salt Lake City, Utah.
- [S3399] Bishop, Donald E., Descendants of Bartholomew Stovall 1655-1722: First Five Generations. Laurel, Mississippi: Stovall Family Association, 1999. 929.273 St76bd https://www.familysearch.org/search/catalog/835331, Family Search Library, Salt Lake City, Utah.
|Last Edited||14 Aug 2023|