John Townes MOSELEY Jr
HAIRSTON.org ID#2564, b. 29 January 1845, d. 29 April 1923
|Father*||John Townes MOSELEY1,2 b. 1797, d. 11 Dec 1883|
|Mother*||Mary Wortley MONTAGUE1 b. 8 Jun 1808, d. 21 Sep 1883|
|Birth*||John Townes MOSELEY Jr was born on 29 January 1845 in Kemper County, Mississippi.1,3,4|
|He was the son of John Townes MOSELEY and Mary Wortley MONTAGUE.1,2|
|Census 1850||John Townes MOSELEY Jr appeared on the 1850 census of John Townes MOSELEY on 11 November 1850 in Kemper County, Mississippi.5 |
|Census 1860||John Townes MOSELEY Jr appeared on the 1860 census of John Townes MOSELEY on 18 October 1860 in District 2, Noxubee County, Mississippi.1 |
|Military*||Enlisted in Company F, 1st Mississippi Cavalry and was at the Battle of Franklin.|
|Census 1880||John Townes MOSELEY Jr appeared on the 1880 census of John Townes MOSELEY on 21 June 1880 in Beat 4, Noxubee County, Mississippi; J T Moseley Sr 81 (retired farmer), Mary 72, Martha A 37 (dau. b. Miss.), Jno L 35, Annie B. Wilborn 33 (widowed daughter, b. Miss.), Brook Wilborn 9 (grandson), Mary Wilborn 7 (grand dau.), Richard Wilborn 5 (grandson).6|
|Death*||John Townes MOSELEY Jr died on 29 April 1923 at age 78.4|
|Burial*||He was buried in Magnolia Cemetery, Lauderdale, Mississippi.4|
- [S1860] 1860 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration - Ancestry.com and FamilySearch.org.
- [S3216] Biographical and Historical Memoirs of Mississippi: Embracing an authentic and comprehensive account of the chief events in the history of the state and a record of the lives of many of the most worthy and illustrious families and individuals. (1891). Chicago: Goodspeed Pub. Co. https://hdl.handle.net/2027/chi.102898824, Hathi Trust Digital Library.
- [S158] Montague, George William, History and Genealogy of the Montague Family of America, Press of J.E. Williams, Amherst, Mass, 1886.
- [S48] Find A Grave Website with Photo - only listings with photos of grave markers that are contemporary to the deceased individuals death are acceptable for genealogical proof.
- [S1850] 1850 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration - Ancestry.com and FamilySearch.org.
- [S1880] 1880 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration - Ancestry.com and FamilySearch.org.
|Last Edited||24 Nov 2021|