HAIRSTON.org ID#2113, b. 1634, d. January 1677
|Father*||Rev. Lawrence WASHINGTON1 b. a 1602, d. 21 Jan 1652|
|Mother*||Amphillis ROADES d. 19 Jan 1654/55|
|Birth*||John WASHINGTON was born in 1634 in England.1,2|
|He was the son of Rev. Lawrence WASHINGTON and Amphillis ROADES.1|
|Immigration*||John WASHINGTON immigrated in 1656 to Virginia.1|
|Marriage*||He married Anne POPE, daughter of Lt. Colonel Nathaniel POPE, about 1658.1,2,3,4,5|
|Elected||John WASHINGTON was elected a Justice of the Peace in 1662 in Westmoreland County, Virginia.1,2|
|Elected*||He was elected to the House of Burgesses in 1666 in Virginia.2,5|
|Death Spouse*||His wife, Anne POPE, died in 1668.2|
|Marriage*||He married Anne (surname unknown) about 1669.2|
|Death Spouse||John WASHINGTON's second wife, Anne (maiden name unknown), died about 1675.2|
|Elected||He was elected to the House of Burgesses in 1675 and 1676 in Virginia.2|
|Marriage*||He married Frances GERARD APPLETON in 1676.2|
|Death*||John WASHINGTON died in January 1677 in "Bridges Creek", Westmoreland County, Virginia.1,2|
|Burial*||He was buried in George Washington Birthplace National Monument, Westmoreland County, Virginia.2|
|Anne POPE b. 1635, d. 1668|
|Anne (surname unknown) d. a 1776|
|Frances GERARD APPLETON|
- [S91] Collins, Holdridge Ozro, Genealogy of the Washington Family, Sons of the Revolution 1900.
- [S3000] Glenn, Justin. The Washingtons, A Family History: Volume 1, Seven Generations of the Presidential Branch: Savas Beatie LLC, CA - 2014, Personal Collection - printed book.
- [S3301] William and Mary College Quarterly Historical Magazine Volume XI. 1902-1903, Kraus Reprint Corporation, New York, 1966 - https://hdl.handle.net/2027/uc1.31210006748972, Hathi Trust Digital Library.
- [S89] Tandy, Lura Boulton and John Meriwether McAllister. Genealogies of the Lewis And Kindred Families. Salem, Mass.: Higginson Book Co., 199. https://hdl.handle.net/2027/wu.89062355862, Hathi Trust Digital Library.
- [S3651] College of William and Mary. William And Mary College Quarterly Historical Magazine. Williamsburg, Va.: William and Mary College, No. 1, July 1892, p. 139-140. - https://hdl.handle.net/2027/coo.31924080551587, Hathi Trust Digital Library.
|Last Edited||19 Nov 2021|