John Robertson HAIRSTON
HAIRSTON.org ID#1871, b. 1793
|Father*||John HAIRSTON1 b. b 1755|
|Mother*||Mary Ann ROBERTSON1 b. a 1754, d. a 1840|
|Birth*||John Robertson HAIRSTON was born in 1793 in Abbeville County, South Carolina.1,2,3|
|He was the son of John HAIRSTON and Mary Ann ROBERTSON.1|
|Marriage*||John Robertson HAIRSTON married Nancy SANFORD on 4 February 1817 in Putnam County, Georgia.1,4|
|Marriage*||John Robertson HAIRSTON married Martha P. WATSON on 21 December 1824 in Jasper County, Georgia.4,1,2|
|Property*||John Hairston acquired lot #115 of the 7th District, Third Section Cherokee Land Lottery in 1832. He was living in Muscogee County, Georgia at that time.5|
|Census 1850*||John Robertson HAIRSTON appeared on the census of 29 October 1850 in Montgomery County, Alabama, John Haiston 57 SC, Martha 55 GA, Wm R 18 AL, Caroline E AL.2|
|Census 1860||He appeared on the 1860 census of William R. HAIRSTON on 31 August 1860 in Montgomery County, Alabama; William Harriston 27, Tobitha E. 28, Rolin J. 6, Horence 4, Jane E 2. living with William's father John;|
John Harriston 67 living with William Harriston.3
|Nancy SANFORD d. a 1824|
|Martha P. WATSON b. 1795|
- [S46] Vic Hairston and Edward J. Bregenzer, The Hairston History, February 12, 1998. Personal Collection - copy.
- [S1850] 1850 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration - Ancestry.com and FamilySearch.org.
- [S1860] 1860 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration - Ancestry.com and FamilySearch.org.
- [S42] Georgia, Marriage Records From Select Counties, 1828-1978 [database on-line]. Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com Operations, Inc., 2013., Ancestry.com.
- [S3427] Smith, J. F. The Cherokee land lottery: containing a numerical list of the names of the fortunate drawers in said lottery, with an engraved map of each district. 1838 By James F. Smith. New York: Printed by Harper & brothers., Hathi Trust Digital Library.
|Last Edited||21 May 2018|