HAIRSTON.org ID#1743, b. 3 March 1760
|Mother*||Jane "Janet" Jenny HAIRSTON b. a 1742|
|Birth*||Alexander FORBES was born on 3 March 1760 in Amherst County, Virginia.1|
|He was the son of Alexander FORBES and Jane "Janet" Jenny HAIRSTON.|
|County Change||Green County, Kentucky formed from Lincoln County, Kentucky.|
|County Change*||Barren County, Kentucky is formed from part of Green County, Kentucky.|
|Tax Rolls*||Alexander was on the 1800 tax list of Green Co., Kentucky.2|
|Census 1810*||Alexander FORBES appeared on the census of 1810 in Ohio County, Kentucky, He is listed alone, over 45 years old and without his family.3|
|Census 1830*||He appeared on the census of 1830 in Jackson County, Alabama, Males: 10-14 1, 60-69 1, Females: 60-69 1.4|
|Military*||1833 - Lincoln County, Tennessee - Revolutionary War pension application was filed for Alexander Forbes, born March 3, 1760 in Amherst County, Virginia. It was also stated that he moved from Amherst Co. after the revolution and moved to Madison County, Kentucky, then to Adair County, Kentucky, Jackson County, Alabama, and finally to Lincoln County, Tennessee.5|
|NOTE*||A Samuel Harston and J. Renfro are associated with the Peters Creek United Baptist Church between 1835 and 1843 in Barren Co., Kentucky.6|
|Census 1840*||He appeared on the census of 1840 in Lincoln County, Tennessee, Males: 5-9 2, 70-79 1, Females: 10-14 1, 15-19 3, 70-79 1.7|
|Will*||He left a will on 13 March 1843 in Lincoln County, Tennessee; Will Books, 1810-1850, Page 169-170.8|
Descendant Chart Box
- [S3098] United States Senate.The Pension Roll of 1835.4 vols. 1968 Reprint, with index. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Company, 1992., unknown repository.
- [S3165] Clift, G. Glenn. Second Census of Kentucky, 1800. Baltimore, MD, USA: Genealogical Publishing Co., 2005.
- [S1810] 1810 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration.
- [S1830] 1830 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration.
- [S57] U. S. Revolutionary War Pension Application, U.S. National Archives and Records Administration, Ancestry.com.
- [S3054] Pioneer Baptist Church Records of South-Central Kentucky and the Upper Cumberland of Tennessee, 1799-1899, C. P. Cawthorn & N. L. Warnell, (1985).
- [S1840] 1840 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration.
- [S3248] Will of Alexander Forbes - dated 13 March 1843, Lincoln Co., Tennessee Will Book 1810-1850, Page 169-170, Recorded April 1846., Ancestry.com.
|Last Edited||8 Jan 2017|