HAIRSTON.org ID#1743, b. 3 March 1760, d. about 1846
|Mother*||Jane "Janet" Jenny HAIRSTON b. a 1742|
|Birth*||Alexander FORBES was born on 3 March 1760 in Albemarle County, Virginia.1|
|He was the son of Alexander FORBES and Jane "Janet" Jenny HAIRSTON.|
|County Change||1761 - Amherst County formed from Albemarle County.|
|County Change||1792 - Green County from Lincoln.|
|Tax Rolls*||1800 - Alexander Forbes pays taxes in Green County, Kentucky.2|
|Census 1810*||Alexander FORBES appeared on the census of 1810 in Ohio County, Kentucky, He is listed alone, over 45 years old and without his family.3|
|Census 1830*||He appeared on the census of 1830 in Jackson County, Alabama, Males: 10-14 1, 60-69 1, Females: 60-69 1.4|
|Military*||1833 - Lincoln County, Tennessee - Revolutionary War pension application was filed for Alexander Forbes, born March 3, 1760 in Amherst County, Virginia. It was also stated that he moved from Amherst Co. after the revolution and moved to Madison County, Kentucky, then to Adair County, Kentucky, Jackson County, Alabama, and finally to Lincoln County, Tennessee.5|
|Census 1840*||He appeared on the census of 1840 in Lincoln County, Tennessee, Males: 5-9 2, 70-79 1, Females: 10-14 1, 15-19 3, 70-79 1.6|
|Will*||He left a will on 13 March 1843 in Lincoln County, Tennessee; Will Books, 1810-1850, Page 288-289.7|
|Death*||He died about 1846.|
|Probate*||His estate was probated in April 1846 in Lincoln County, Tennessee.7|
Descendant Chart Box
- [S3098] United States Senate.The Pension Roll of 1835.4 vols. 1968 Reprint, with index. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Company, 1992., unknown repository.
- [S3165] Clift, G. Glenn. Second Census of Kentucky, 1800. Baltimore, MD, USA: Genealogical Publishing Co., 2005.
- [S1810] 1810 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration - Ancestry.com and FamilySearch.org.
- [S1830] 1830 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration - Ancestry.com and FamilySearch.org.
- [S57] U. S. Revolutionary War Pension Application, U.S. National Archives and Records Administration, Ancestry.com.
- [S1840] 1840 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration - Ancestry.com and FamilySearch.org.
- [S3248] Will of Alexander Forbes - dated 13 March 1843, Lincoln Co., Tennessee Will Book 1810-1850, Page 288, Recorded April 1846. https://www.familysearch.org/search/catalog/213763, Family Search, Family History Library, Salt Lake City, Utah.
|Last Edited||25 Jan 2022|