John Whiley MASSIE
HAIRSTON.org ID#1549, b. 20 October 1791, d. 29 July 1840
|Birth*||John Whiley MASSIE was born on 20 October 1791.1|
|Marriage*||He married Mary Stuart FOOTE, daughter of William FOOTE and Sarah ALEXANDER, on 18 February 1824 in Fauquier County, Virginia.2,3,4|
|Will||In William FOOTE's will dated 22 March 1833 in Cedar Hill, Fauquier County, Virginia, John Whiley MASSIE was named as executor.5,6|
|Death*||He died on 29 July 1840 at age 48.1|
|Burial*||He was buried in Christ Church Episcopal Cemetery, Alexandria City, Virginia.1|
|Mary Stuart FOOTE b. 18 Dec 1794, d. 15 Mar 1878|
- [S48] Find A Grave Website with Photo - only listings with photos of grave markers that are contemporary to the deceased individuals death are acceptable for genealogical proof.
- [S3076] Virginia Marriage Records, From the Virginia Magazine of History and Biography, the William and Mary College Quarterly, and Tyler's Quarterly; Indexed by Elizabeth Petty Bentley, Genealogical Publishing Co., Inc., Baltimore 1984, Ancestry.com.
- [S3140] Foote, Abram William, Foote Family: Comprising the Genealogy And History of Nathaniel Foote, of Wethersfield, Conn., And His Descendants; Vol. I, Rutland, Vt.: Marble City Press, The Tuttle Co., 1907. https://hdl.handle.net/2027/wu.89067465310, Hathi Trust Digital Library.
- [S3200] Tillman, James David. Tillman & Hamilton Family Records: With Their Many Ancestral Lineages. Meridian, Miss.: 1959-1963. https://hdl.handle.net/2027/wu.89062498571, Hathi Trust Digital Library.
- [S3189] Abstracts of Wills of Noxubee Co., MS., 1834 - 1910 and Index cases, Noxubee County Historical Society, Macon, MS, 1990, Ancestry.com.
- [S3620] Mississippi Probate Records, 1781-1930, images, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:3QSQ-G9QX-39CV-S : 21 May 2014), Noxubee > Wills 1834-1894 vol A-B > image 33 of 456; county courthouses and public libraries, Mississippi., Family Search, Family History Library, Salt Lake City, Utah.
|Last Edited||20 Nov 2021|