Bartholomew W. STOVALL
HAIRSTON.org ID#1498, b. 23 August 1759, d. 9 March 1841
|Father*||Captain George STOVALL1,2 b. a 1695, d. a 18 Apr 1786|
|Mother*||Elizabeth LONDON2 b. a 1736, d. 12 Oct 1812|
|Marriage*||Bartholomew W. STOVALL married Sarah TURNER.|
|Marriage*||Bartholomew W. STOVALL married Elizabeth EVETTS.|
|Birth*||Bartholomew W. STOVALL was born on 23 August 1759 in Virginia.3|
|He was the son of Captain George STOVALL and Elizabeth LONDON.1,2|
|Will||In Captain George STOVALL's will dated 18 April 1786 in Campbell County, Virginia, Bartholomew W. STOVALL was named as an heir.4,5|
|Will||In Elizabeth LONDON's will dated 20 January 1812 in Campbell, Virginia, Bartholomew W. STOVALL was named as an heir.|
|Property*||Purchased land in Sumner County, Tennessee on 24 November 1815.6|
|Census 1830*||He appeared on the census of 1830 in Sumner, Tennessee.7|
|Census 1840*||He appeared on the census of 1840 in Sumner, Tennessee.8|
|Death*||He died on 9 March 1841 at age 81.3|
|Burial*||He was buried in Willow Grove Cemetery, Trousdale, Tennessee.3|
|Sarah TURNER b. 13 Sep 1756, d. 14 May 1836|
- [S293] The Family of Bartholomew Stovall (Eight Generations of Stovalls in England and America), Neil D. Thompson, Stovall Family Association, 1993.
- [S3399] Bishop, Donald E., Descendants of Bartholomew Stovall 1655-1722: First Five Generations. Laurel, Mississippi: Stovall Family Association, 1999. 929.273 St76bd https://www.familysearch.org/search/catalog/835331, Family History Library, Salt Lake City, Utah.
- [S48] Find A Grave Website with Photo - only listings with photos of grave markers that are contemporary to the deceased individuals death are acceptable for genealogical proof.
- [S3081] Will of George Stovall -1786 - Campbell County Wills and Administrations (1782 - 1800) p. 90-92. Will pro. 7 Dec 1786, p. 102. Inv. rec. 5 July 1787. Will Book 1, 1782-1800 (Reel 19), Library of Virginia, Richmond, Virginia.
- [S3109] Clemens, William M. Virginia Wills Before 1799: A Complete Abstract Register of All Names Mentioned in Over Six Hundred Recorded Wills ... Copied from the Court House Records of Amherst, Bedford, Campbell, Loudoun, Prince William, and Rockbridge Counties. Baltimore: Genealogical Pub. Co, 1973. Print., Personal Collection - printed book.
- [S292] Tennessee. Division of Archives, Land Office, and Museum. Early Tennessee/North Carolina Land Records, 1783–1927, Record Group 50. Tennessee State Library and Archives, Nashville, Tenn.
- [S1830] 1830 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration - Ancestry.com and FamilySearch.org.
- [S1840] 1840 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration - Ancestry.com and FamilySearch.org.
|Last Edited||14 May 2018|