Margaret Catherine HAIRSTON
HAIRSTON.org ID#1380, b. 30 November 1852, d. 30 June 1909
|Father*||Thomas Brown HAIRSTON1,2 b. 30 Mar 1824, d. 30 Jul 1864|
|Mother*||Nancy L. "Sparks" HUTCHINSON3 b. 22 Dec 1824, d. 3 Feb 1875|
|Marriage*||Margaret Catherine HAIRSTON married Samuel A. FRANKS.4|
|Birth*||Margaret Catherine HAIRSTON was born on 30 November 1852 in Laurens Co., South Carolina, cemetery marker shows birth date of 30 Nov. 1853.1,2,4|
|She was the daughter of Thomas Brown HAIRSTON and Nancy L. "Sparks" HUTCHINSON.1,2,3|
|Census 1860||Margaret Catherine HAIRSTON appeared on the 1860 census of Thomas Brown HAIRSTON on 13 August 1860 in Cold Water, Laurens County, South Carolina; Thos Hairston 36, N 35, R O 12, J D 9, M C 8, W Hutchinson 5, M A Hutchinson 1; (Living next to Robert & M. Hutchinson.)2|
|Census 1870||Margaret Catherine HAIRSTON appeared on the 1870 census of Nancy L. "Sparks" HUTCHINSON on 7 August 1870 in Laurens Co., South Carolina; Nancy Hairston 46, Robert O 22, John D 19, Margaret 17, William 15, Martha A 11, Thomas D 8; (Nancy was living next to Robert & Margaret Hutchison.)3|
|Death*||Margaret Catherine HAIRSTON died on 30 June 1909 at age 56.4,5|
|Obituary*||MRS. MARGARET H. FRANKS|
Death at Fountain Inn of the Wife of Mr. S. A. Franks.
Mrs. Margaret Hairston Franks, wife of Mr. Samuel A. Franks, died at her home at Founttain Inn last Wednesday afternoon, aged 55 years. The deceused had been in declining health for several months and, while her death was not unexpected, it was, nevertheless, a shock to her family and relatives, and is regretted by a large circle of friends and acquaintances in Laurens county where she spent most of her life, the family having moved to Fountain Inn about 12 years ago. In addition to her husband and daughter, Miss Grace Franks Franks, she is survived by one brother, Mr. Robt. 0. Hairston, coroner of Laurens county, and one sister, Mrs. James Nowell of Winder, Ga.
On Thursday the funeral and burial services were held at Fountain Inn. Messrs. R. O. and Charlie Hairston of Laurens, and Mr. Dorroh Nowell of Winder, being among those who attended.
The Laurens Advertiser, Laurens, South carolina, July 7, 1909, page 7. (University of South Carolina.)6
|Samuel A. FRANKS b. 4 Dec 1849, d. 10 May 1922|
- [S231] Robert Hairston. Hairston Family Bibile - Laurens Co. South Carolina. 190 Greenwich Street, New York: Daniel D. Smith, 1823. Private owner, Texas.
- [S1860] 1860 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration.
- [S1870] 1870 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration.
- [S48] Find A Grave Website with Photo - only listings with photos of grave markers that are contemporary to the deceased individuals death are acceptable for genealogical proof.
- [S257] Obituary attached to this record.
- [S3188] Library of Congress, Chronicling Amercia - Historic American Newspapers.
|Last Edited||5 May 2016|