HAIRSTON.org ID#1375, b. 5 August 1825, d. 6 October 1905
|Father*||Robert HAIRSTON1 b. 19 Jul 1778, d. 31 Mar 1831|
|Mother*||Ann SARGEN b. 23 Apr 1788, d. 21 Jan 1839|
|Birth*||Catherine HAIRSTON was born on 5 August 1825 in South Carolina. The 1900 census shows August 1827 as birth date.1,2|
|She was the daughter of Robert HAIRSTON and Ann SARGEN.1|
|Census 1850||Catherine HAIRSTON appeared on the 1850 census of John B. HAIRSTON in 1850 in Laurens County, South Carolina; John B 50, Ester 50, Amanda 20, Catherine 18, Martha 55, Catherine 25.|
|Census 1850||Catherine HAIRSTON appeared on the 1850 census of Peter HAIRSTON on 1 November 1850 in Laurens County, South Carolina; Peter 51, Sarah 53 (married within the year, both can not read/write), Sarah F. 19, William P. 18, Martha C. 17, Samuel Pucket 30, Elizabeth Calmes Hairston Pucket 25, William Pucket 19, Catherine Hairston 25 (born Aug 1827 in SC - she stays single and appears in 1860, 1870 and 1900 census with different families).3 |
|Census 1870*||Catherine HAIRSTON was Head of Household on 11 August 1870 in Laurens County, South Carolina, Catherine is living with John and Mary Fielder.4|
|Census 1900*||She appeared on the census of 16 June 1900 in Laurens County, South Carolina, Catherine is a boarder and was born August 1827 in SC and both of her parents were born in SC. She is living near Robert Ogden Hairston (1378).5|
|Death*||She died on 6 October 1905 at age 80.2|
|Burial*||She was buried in Leesville Southern Methodist Church Cemetery, Laurens County, South Carolina.2|
- [S231] Robert Hairston. Hairston Family Bibile - Laurens Co. South Carolina. 190 Greenwich Street, New York: Daniel D. Smith, 1823. Private owner, Texas.
- [S48] Find A Grave Website with Photo - only listings with photos of grave markers that are contemporary to the deceased individuals death are acceptable for genealogical proof.
- [S1850] 1850 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration.
- [S1870] 1870 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration.
- [S1900] 1900 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration.
|Last Edited||19 Jun 2018|