John L. HAIRSTON
HAIRSTON.org ID#1367, b. 22 March 1811, d. 18 September 1890
|Father*||Robert HAIRSTON1 b. 19 Jul 1778, d. 31 Mar 1831|
|Mother*||Sarah LANG1 b. 29 Nov 1788, d. 17 Jan 1817|
|Birth*||John L. HAIRSTON was born on 22 March 1811 in South Carolina.1,2,3,4|
|He was the son of Robert HAIRSTON and Sarah LANG.1|
|Marriage*||John L. HAIRSTON married Serena Syrene THOMPSON on 5 October 1835.5,2,3|
|Census 1850*||John L. HAIRSTON appeared on the census of 1850 in District 21, Macon County, Alabama, John 39, Serena 39, George W 13, Lucindia 11, Philip R 9, Richard J 7, Mary A 5.3|
|Census 1860*||He appeared on the census of 1860 in Macon County, Alabama, John 49 SC, ? Lena 49 GA, George 21 AL, Lucinda 20 AL, Richard 19 AL, Phillip 15 AL, Margaret 13 AL, Thomas 12 AL, John 10 AL, Wm L 8 AL, Sarah D 5 AL.6|
|Census 1870*||He appeared on the census of 12 July 1870 in Calhoun, Lowndes County, Alabama, John 59 SC, Serena 59 GA, George 32 AL, Phillip 26 AL, John 20 AL, Lloyd 17 AL, Lucinda 30 AL, Mary Ann 22 AL, Susan Willis 7 AL, Charity 15 AL.7|
|Census 1880*||He appeared on the census of 1 June 1880 in Fort Deposit, Lowndes County, Alabama, John 69 SC, Syrene 69 IN, George 40 AL, M Lou Mcphaul (dau. widow) 38 AL, Willie Mcphaul (grand-dau.) 17 AL.2|
|Death*||He died on 18 September 1890 at age 79.4|
|Burial*||He was buried in Myrtlewood Cemetery, Lowndes County, Alabama; |
Photo: Find A Grave by Veronica Lewis.4
|Serena Syrene THOMPSON b. a 1811, d. 25 Oct 1881|
- [S231] Robert Hairston. Hairston Family Bibile - Laurens Co. South Carolina. 190 Greenwich Street, New York: Daniel D. Smith, 1823. Private owner, Texas.
- [S1880] 1880 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration.
- [S1850] 1850 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration.
- [S48] Find A Grave Website with Photo - only listings with photos of grave markers that are contemporary to the deceased individuals death are acceptable for genealogical proof.
- [S46] The Hairston History, Vic Hairston and Edward J. Bregenzer, February 12, 1998. Personal Collection - printed book.
- [S1860] 1860 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration.
- [S1870] 1870 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration.
|Last Edited||16 May 2018|