Gen. James Dodge GLENN1
HAIRSTON.org ID#125, b. 20 October 1852, d. 18 October 1905
|Father*||Capt. Chalmers GLENN2 b. 6 Sep 1830, d. 14 Sep 1862|
|Mother*||Annie Sarah DODGE b. 31 Mar 1832, d. 9 Sep 1917|
|Birth*||Gen. James Dodge GLENN was born on 20 October 1852 in Yadkin Co., North Carolina, (an unknown value.)2,1,3,4|
|He was the son of Capt. Chalmers GLENN and Annie Sarah DODGE.2|
|College*||Gen. James Dodge GLENN was College on 4 July 1871; Graduated from VMI.|
|Marriage*||He married Mary Withers BRODNAX, daughter of Dr. John Grammer BRODNAX and Mary Wilson BRODNAX, in June 1877.1|
|Census 1880||Gen. James Dodge GLENN appeared on the 1880 census of Annie Sarah DODGE in 1880 in Rockingham Co., North Carolina.4 |
|Marriage*||Gen. James Dodge GLENN married Sallie Sara Staples HAIRSTON, daughter of Major Samuel Hardin HAIRSTON and Alice "Alcey" HAIRSTON, on 23 November 1898 in Chatmoss Plantation, Henry Co., Virginia, (James was a 46 year old widow when he married Sallie.)5,2,3|
|Census 1900*||Gen. James Dodge GLENN appeared on the 1900 census of Gen. James Dodge GLENN in 1900 in Greensboro Ward 5, Guilford Co., North Carolina.3 |
|Death*||He died on 18 October 1905 at age 52.6|
|Mary Withers BRODNAX b. 27 Jan 1860, d. 15 Apr 1897|
|Sallie Sara Staples HAIRSTON b. 21 Sep 1867, d. 4 Nov 1952|
|Charts||Descendant Chart (#1)|
Descendant Chart (#2)
Descendant Chart (#3)
Descendant Chart Box
- [S3167] Cyclopedia of Eminent and Representative Men of the Carolinas of the Nineteenth Century, Volume 2, Brant & Fuller Inc., Madison, Wis., Google Books.
- [S3044] Virginia, Marriages, 1785-1940. Salt Lake City, Utah: FamilySearch, 2013.
- [S1900] 1900 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration.
- [S1880] 1880 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration.
- [S55] Harden Hairston Family Bible, 1750-1908. The Holy Bible containing The Old & New Testaments: Translated Out of the Original Tongues,.....J. Holbrook's Sterotype Copy., Eighth Edition, Brattleborough, (Vt.), 1817, Library of Virginia, Richmond, Virginia.
- [S47] Find A Grave Website - only listings with photos of grave markers that are contemporary to the deceased individual's death are acceptable for genealogical proof.
|Last Edited||14 Jan 2016|