Thomas B. BROOKS
HAIRSTON.org ID#116, b. 5 May 1816, d. 12 January 1860
|Mother*||Georgia C. POOL|
|Birth*||Thomas B. BROOKS was born on 5 May 1816 in Georgia.1,2,3|
|He was the son of Micajah BROOKS and Georgia C. POOL.|
|Marriage||Thomas B. BROOKS married Harriett Elizabeth ERVIN, daughter of Col. William ERVIN and Elizabeth DICK, on 22 March 1836.4|
|Census 1840*||1840 Federal Census for Mississippi was lost.5|
|Residence*||Thomas B. BROOKS lived between 1842 and 1860 in Mooreland Plantation, Lowndes, Mississippi, about 80,000 acres.6|
|Marriage*||He married Sarah Alsey HAIRSTON, daughter of Hardin HAIRSTON and Sarah "Sally" Stovall STAPLES, on 11 August 1842 in Patrick Co., Virginia; Minister Joshua Adams.7,8,9,2|
|Census 1850*||Thomas B. BROOKS appeared on the census of 1 June 1850 in Lowndes County, Mississippi, Thomas B 34 GA, Sarah A 32 VA, Harriet E 15 MS (see Note), Mary T 4 MS, Hardin H 3 MS, James T W Brooks 15 VA (see Note), Samuel Thomas 45 SC (Overseer); Note: both Harriet and James were born 7 years before Thomas and Sarah were married and they are not listed in the Harden Bible with their other children. They could be from a previous relationship.2 |
|Death*||He died on 12 January 1860 in Lowndes County, Mississippi, at age 43, Federal Census Mortality Schedule lists February as month of death.1,3|
|Burial*||He was buried in Hairston Cemetery, Lowndes County, Mississippi.1 |
|Probate||His estate was probated on 13 February 1860 in Lowndes County, Mississippi.|
|Harriett Elizabeth ERVIN b. 15 Sep 1817, d. 10 May 1837|
|Sarah Alsey HAIRSTON b. 12 Jun 1817, d. 13 Jun 1883|
Descendant Chart Box
- [S17] Hairston Cemetery, Lowndes County, Mississippi.
- [S1850] 1850 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration.
- [S269] National Archives and Records Administration (NARA); Washington, D.C.; Federal Mortality Census Schedules, 1850-1880, and Related Indexes, 1850-1880.
- [S284] Ervin Family Birth, Marriage and Death Records from 1780 to 1857 estimated to have been written in 1857 and is in very poor, but readable condition. Passed down by my great grandmother Virginia Antionette Ervin's family after she died in 1890., Personal Collection - original documents.
- [S1840] 1840 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration.
- [S270] Noxubee County Historical Society Quarterly Bulletin.
- [S55] Harden Hairston Family Bible, 1750-1908. The Holy Bible containing The Old & New Testaments: Translated Out of the Original Tongues,.....J. Holbrook's Sterotype Copy., Eighth Edition, Brattleborough, (Vt.), 1817, Library of Virginia, Richmond, Virginia.
- [S70] Marriages of Patrick County, Virginia 1791-1850, Lela C. Adams, (Bassett, VA 1972).
- [S3044] Virginia, Marriages, 1785-1940. Salt Lake City, Utah: FamilySearch, 2013.
|Last Edited||18 Mar 2019|