HAIRSTON.org ID#108, b. 21 January 1811, d. 12 May 1885
|Father*||Hardin HAIRSTON1 b. 23 Oct 1786, d. 23 Oct 1862|
|Mother*||Sarah "Sally" Stovall STAPLES2 b. 1 Oct 1791, d. 4 May 1845|
|Birth*||George HAIRSTON was born on 21 January 1811 in Fort Mayo, Patrick County, Virginia.2,3|
|He was the son of Hardin HAIRSTON and Sarah "Sally" Stovall STAPLES.1,2|
|College*||George HAIRSTON graduated in 1832 from the University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC.4|
|Census 1840a||George HAIRSTON listed in the household of Hardin HAIRSTON on 1 June 1840 in Lowndes County, Mississippi; Males 20-29 1 (probably his son George), Slaves 53.5|
|Census 1850*||George HAIRSTON appeared on the census of 1850 in Lowndes County, Mississippi, living with his father Harden Hairston.6|
|Census 1850||He appeared on the 1850 census of Hardin HAIRSTON on 25 September 1850 in Lowndes County, Mississippi; Hardin 64, Elizabeth 40, (the following children are Col. Samuel Hairston's) Elizabeth 15, Sarah 18, Samuel 20, Theodosia 13, John 11, Robert 8, George 5, Joseph 3, Sanders 1, and Harden's son George 38.6|
|Will||In Elizabeth Perkins HAIRSTON's will dated 21 April 1858 in Lowndes County, Mississippi, George HAIRSTON was named as executor.7|
|Census 1860*||He was New Tag |
on 24 July 1860 in Crawford, Lowndes County, Mississippi.8
|Will||In Hardin HAIRSTON's will dated 29 September 1862, George HAIRSTON was named as an heir; Hardin Hairston left a will dated 29 September 1862, Lowndes County Courthouse, Mississippi, page 122.|
PDF transcript and a copy of will attached.9
|Death*||He died on 12 May 1885 at age 74.3|
|Burial*||He was buried in Hairston Cemetery, Lowndes County, Mississippi.3 |
|Probate||His estate was probated on 6 June 1885 in Lowndes County, Mississippi. Case No. 2019, Estate Files 2011-2051. A pdf copy is attached.10|
Descendant Chart Box
- [S22] Hairston, Elizabeth Seawell, The Hairstons and the Penns and Their Relations, Roanoke, Virginia 1940 https://search.ancestry.com/search/db.aspx?dbid=13164, Ancestry.com.
- [S55] Harden Hairston Family Bible, 1750-1908. The Holy Bible containing The Old & New Testaments: Translated Out of the Original Tongues,.....J. Holbrook's Sterotype Copy., Eighth Edition, Brattleborough, (Vt.), 1817, Library of Virginia, Richmond, Virginia.
- [S17] Hairston Cemetery, Lowndes County, Mississippi.
- [S33] Wheeler, Col. John H., Graduates of the University of North Carolina 1798-1851, Historical Sketches of North Carolina 1851.
- [S1840] 1840 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration.
- [S1850] 1850 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration.
- [S3316] Will of Elizabeth Perkins Hairston - 21 April 1858, Lowndes County, Mississippi, Will Book 1, Page 15., Lowndes County Courthouse,.
- [S1860] 1860 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration.
- [S271] Will of Hardin Hairston - 29 Sep 1862, Lowndes County Will Book #1, page 122, Lowndes County Courthouse,.
- [S3317] Lowndes County Chancery Court Records, Lowndes County Courthouse,.
|Last Edited||1 Mar 2018|