HAIRSTON.org ID#1064, b. 26 December 1799, d. 4 November 1883
|Birth*||Rebecca POU was born on 26 December 1799 in Orangeburg District, South Carolina.1|
|She was the daughter of William POU and Ann PATRICK.|
|Marriage*||Rebecca POU married Artemus Crumpton JENNINGS, son of Gideon JENNINGS and Ann COX, on 8 October 1818 in Orangeburg District, South Carolina.2|
|Census 1850||Rebecca POU appeared on the 1850 census of Artemus Crumpton JENNINGS on 25 September 1850 in Lowndes County, Mississippi.2 |
|Census 1860||Rebecca POU appeared on the 1860 census of Artemus Crumpton JENNINGS on 25 July 1860 in Lowndes County, Mississippi.3 |
|Will||In Artemus Crumpton JENNINGS's will dated 8 November 1866 in Lowndes County, Mississippi, Rebecca POU was named as executor.4|
|Census 1870||She appeared on the 1870 census of William B. SHIELDS in 1870 in Township 17, Lowndes County, Mississippi.5 |
|Census 1880||Rebecca POU appeared on the 1880 census of William B. SHIELDS on 7 June 1880 in Trinity, Lowndes County, Mississippi. |
|Death*||Rebecca POU died on 4 November 1883 at age 83.1|
|Burial*||She was buried in Jennings Cemetery, Lowndes County, Mississippi.1|
|Artemus Crumpton JENNINGS b. 20 Apr 1797, d. 26 Jan 1869|
- [S18] Jennings Cemetery, Lowndes County, Mississippi.
- [S1850] 1850 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration.
- [S1860] 1860 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration.
- [S3185] Doughtie, Beatrice Mackey; Documented Notes on Jennings and Allied Families, 1961. https://hdl.handle.net/2027/wu.89060967635
- [S1870] 1870 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration.
|Last Edited||3 Mar 2016|