Capt. Robert ALEXANDER
HAIRSTON.org ID#7052, b. about 1746, d. 1820
|Birth*||Capt. Robert ALEXANDER was born about 1746.1|
|Court Record||Robert was Clerk of the Court for Bedford County from 1772 to 1782.2|
|Marriage*||He married Nancy Ann AUSTIN, daughter of Capt. William AUSTIN, on 10 March 1774.2|
|Military*||Robert Alexander was sworn in as a Captain in the Bedford County Virginia Militia on 27 June 1779.3|
|County Name*||1782 - Campbell County formed from Bedford.|
|Court Record*||Robert Alexander became Clerk of the Court for Campbell County in 1782.2|
|Will||In Samuel HAIRSTON's will dated 9 February 1782 in Campbell County, Virginia, Capt. Robert ALEXANDER was named as executor.4|
|Tax Rolls*||Robert Alexander is listed in on the 1785 Campbell County tax rolls.5|
|Will*||He was mentioned in the will of Capt. Robert ALEXANDER on 24 February 1814 in Campbell County, Virginia; Mentions his wife Ann, son John Alexander, daughters Susanna Dabney Alexander, Esther Moorman, Sally Msnon, Nancy Clement, Elizabeth Read, Mary G. Pendleton and Catherine W. Payne.6|
|Death*||He died in 1820.2|
|Probate*||His estate was probated on 14 May 1821 in Campbell County, Virginia.6|
|Nancy Ann AUSTIN b. 10 Mar 1758, d. 1846|
- [S48] Find A Grave Website with Photo - only listings with photos of grave markers that are contemporary to the deceased individuals death are acceptable for genealogical proof.
- [S27] Early, R H. Campbell Chronicles and Family Sketches: Embracing the History of Campbell County, Virginia, 1782-1926. Lynchburg, Va: J.P. Bell Co, 1927. https://hdl.handle.net/2027/uc1.b3624083, Personal Collection - printed book.
- [S149] McAllister, J T. Virginia Militia in the Revolutionary War: Mcallister's Data. Hot Springs, Va: McAllister Pub. Co, 1913. Print. https://hdl.handle.net/2027/njp.32101013939630, Hathi Trust Digital Library.
- [S101] Will & Probate of Samuel Hairston - 1782, Campbell County Will Book #1, page 6, Library of Virginia - http://www.lva.virginia.gov
- [S3315] Fothergill, Augusta Bridgland (Middleton). Virginia Tax Payers, 1782-87: Other Than Those Published by the United States Census Bureau. Baltimore: Genealogical Pub. Co., 1971., Personal Collection - printed book.
- [S3409] Will of Robert Alexander - 24 February 1814, Campbell County, Virginia; Recorded 14 May 1814, Will Book 3, Page 507-508, Ancestry.com.
|Last Edited||11 Nov 2020|