Eleanor W. CURTISS
HAIRSTON.org ID#5677, b. January 1842
|Father*||Rev. William M. CURTISS1 b. a 1798|
|Mother*||Eleanor D. WAILES2 b. a 1807|
|Birth*||Eleanor W. CURTISS was born in January 1842 in Louisiana.3,4|
|She was the daughter of Rev. William M. CURTISS and Eleanor D. WAILES.1,2|
|Census 1850||Eleanor W. CURTISS appeared on the 1850 census of Rev. William M. CURTISS on 27 July 1850 in Fayette, Jefferson County, Mississippi; The 1850 census of Rev. Wm. M. Curtis lists a Ellen W. Curtiss, 8 born in Louisiana.5|
|Census 1860*||Eleanor W. CURTISS was Head of Household on 22 June 1860 in Madison County, Mississippi. The Madison County, Mississippi lists a Rev. W. M. Curtiss with an 18 year old daughter, E. W. Curtiss born in Louisiana.3|
|Census 1880*||She appeared on the census of 3 June 1880 in 4th Ward, Madison Parish, Louisiana, Curtiss, Eleanor W. 32, teacher.6|
|Married Name||As of after 1883,her married name was FOOTE.|
|Marriage*||She married Hezekiah "Henry" William FOOTE, son of William FOOTE and Nancy Saunders RICE, on 20 November 1884 in Bexar County, Texas.7|
|Will||Eleanor W. CURTISS was mentioned in the will of Hezekiah "Henry" William FOOTE on 20 April 1892 in Noxubee County, Mississippi.8|
|Census 1900*||Eleanor W. CURTISS appeared on the census of 16 June 1900 in Aberdeen, Monroe County, Mississippi, Foote, Eleanor is a boarder living in the house of Ollie T. Jones in Aberdee, Monroe County, Mississippi in the 1900 Federal Census. She is 68 year old widow, born in January 1842 in Louisiana. Her father was born in New York and her mother was born in Georgia.4|
|Event-Misc*||She was "Mrs. Eleanor Foote was the recent house guest of Mrs. Sarah Felix Hamilton, on Matubba St."|
The Aberdeen Weekly, December 19, 1919, Page 5. (Mississippi Department of Archives and History) on 19 December 1919.9
|Hezekiah "Henry" William FOOTE b. 17 Dec 1813, d. 29 Jan 1899|
- [S3216] Biographical and Historical Memoirs of Mississippi: Embracing an authentic and comprehensive account of the chief events in the history of the state and a record of the lives of many of the most worthy and illustrious families and individuals. (1891). Chicago: Goodspeed Pub. Co. https://hdl.handle.net/2027/chi.102898824, Hathi Trust Digital Library.
- [S76] Mississippi Marriages, 1776-1935, Ancestry.com.
- [S1860] 1860 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration - Ancestry.com and FamilySearch.org.
- [S1900] 1900 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration - Ancestry.com and FamilySearch.org.
- [S1850] 1850 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration - Ancestry.com and FamilySearch.org.
- [S1880] 1880 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration - Ancestry.com and FamilySearch.org.
- [S3647] Marriage - Hezekiah William Foote & Eleanor W. Curtiss - Bexar County, Texas. License No. 7892, 20 November 1884. Texas, Bexar County Marriage Records, 1837-1965, page 457. Family Search Film #004820192, Image 623.
- [S3621] Will of Hezekiah William Foote - 1892 Noxubee County, Mississippi Wills and Probate Papers 1834-1916, Noxubee County Chancery Court, 3147-3164, Images 1543-1556, Ancestry.com.
- [S3188] Library of Congress, Chronicling Amercia - Historic American Newspapers.
|Last Edited||18 Nov 2021|