HAIRSTON.org ID#3505, b. 28 January 1873, d. 22 June 1962
|Father*||Thomas Milton HAIRSTON1 b. 13 Aug 1850, d. 4 Dec 1928|
|Mother*||Malinda Ann DIKES1 b. 1 Dec 1849, d. 12 Dec 1943|
|Birth*||Thomas Allen HAIRSTON was born on 28 January 1873 in Texas.1,3,4,5|
|He was the son of Thomas Milton HAIRSTON and Malinda Ann DIKES.1|
|Census 1880||Thomas Allen HAIRSTON appeared on the 1880 census of Thomas Milton HAIRSTON on 18 June 1880 in Coryell Co., Texas.1 |
|Marriage*||Thomas Allen HAIRSTON married Mary Martha WARREN on 20 September 1891 in Milam, Texas.2,6|
|Census 1900*||Thomas Allen HAIRSTON appeared on the census of 28 June 1900 in Comanche Co., Texas.7 |
|Marriage*||He married Sarah Elizabeth WARREN about 1904.8,5|
|Census 1910*||Thomas Allen HAIRSTON appeared on the census of 23 April 1910 in Milam Co., Texas.8 |
|Census 1920*||He appeared on the census of 4 February 1920 in Fort Bend Co., Texas.9 |
|Census 1930*||He was Head of Household on 2 April 1930 in Knox City, Knox Co., Texas, Living next to his son Orbie J. Hairston.10|
|Death*||He died on 22 June 1962 in Milam Co., Texas, at age 89.3,11,4,5|
|Burial*||He was buried in Milano Cemetery, Milam Co., Texas.3,5|
|Obit*||Funeral Services Held Tuesday for Thomas Hairston|
Funeral services for Thomas Allen Hairston, 89, were held Tuesday at 3 p.m.
Hairston died in Rockdale Sunday evening. He was born Jan. 20, 1873 in Milam County and had lived in this county all his life. He was a retired railroad section worker.
The Rev. R. H. Zurcher officiated from Green Funeral Chapel. Burial was in the Milano Cemetery.
Survivors are two daughters, Mrs. Max Cook of Cameron and Mrs. F. L. Scheckels of Rockdale; two sons, A. J. Hairston of Rockdale and O. J. Hairston of Cameron; one sister, Mrs. A. D. Cannon of Beaumont, 23 grandchildren and 36 great grandchildren.
Pallbearers were grandchildren.
The Cameron Heral, Cameron, Texas, Thursday, Jluy 26, 1962, Page 1. (Newspapers.com.)
|Mary Martha WARREN b. 6 Oct 1873, d. 4 Jan 1904|
|Sarah Elizabeth WARREN b. 15 Sep 1881, d. 11 Mar 1958|
Descendant Chart Box
- [S1880] 1880 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration.
- [S47] Find A Grave Website - only listings with photos of grave markers that are contemporary to the deceased individual's death are acceptable for genealogical proof.
- [S257] Obituary attached to this record.
- [S3145] U.S., Social Security Applications and Claims Index, 1936-2007 [database on-line]. Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com Operations, Inc., 2015.
- [S48] Find A Grave Website with Photo - only listings with photos of grave markers that are contemporary to the deceased individuals death are acceptable for genealogical proof.
- [S46] The Hairston History, Vic Hairston and Edward J. Bregenzer, February 12, 1998. Personal Collection - printed book.
- [S1900] 1900 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration.
- [S1910] 1910 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration.
- [S1920] 1920 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration.
- [S1930] 1930 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration.
- [S3003] Texas Death Index 1903-2000, ancestry.com.
|Last Edited||23 Jun 2016|