HAIRSTON.org ID#3454, b. 8 November 1869, d. 2 September 1955
|Married Name||Her married name was WALLER.|
|Birth*||Verna STEWART was born on 8 November 1869.1|
|Marriage*||She married George Patterson WALLER, son of James Edward WALLER and Mary FONTAINE, in 1895.1,2,3|
|Census 1900||Verna STEWART appeared on the 1900 census of George Patterson WALLER on 1 June 1900 in Crawford, Lowndes County, Mississippi.3 |
|Anecdote*||Death of Mrs. Stewart.|
Mrs. James A Stewart died at the residence of her daughter, Mrs. George P. Waller, at Crawford, last Friday afternoon, and her remains were buried in the Odd Fellows cemetery at Macon Saturday afternoon. Mrs. Stewart was born in North Carolina in 1829. Her maiden name was
Mary Ann Tyson. In 1855 she was united in marriage to Mr. James A Stewart, and they moved to Noxubee county where she has lived ever since. Mrs. Stewart was a woman of rare sweetness and strength of character and was dearly beloved by her family and friends.
She is survived by her daughters Mrs. Kittie Cheatham, Mrs. Bettie Lee and Mrs. Vernon Waller and several grand-children.
Macon Beacon, Macon, Mississippi, June 21, 1912. (Mississippi Department of Archives and History.)4
|Census 1920||Verna STEWART appeared on the 1920 census of George Patterson WALLER on 7 February 1920 in Crawford, Lowndes County, Mississippi; George P 73, Vernon S 50, Vernon 23, George P 22.5|
|Death*||Verna STEWART died on 2 September 1955 at age 85.1|
|Burial*||She was buried in Oaklimb Cemetery, Crawford, Lowndes County, Mississippi.1|
|George Patterson WALLER b. 3 Dec 1846, d. 23 Jan 1929|
- [S13] Oaklimb Cemetery, Crawford, Lowndes County, MS.
- [S288] Ledbetter Cemetery, Lowndes County, MS.
- [S1900] 1900 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration - Ancestry.com and FamilySearch.org.
- [S3188] Library of Congress, Chronicling Amercia - Historic American Newspapers.
- [S1920] 1920 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration - Ancestry.com and FamilySearch.org.
|Last Edited||30 May 2016|