Gen. William Henry BRODNAX
HAIRSTON.org ID#3409, b. about 1786, d. 23 October 1834
|Marriage*||Gen. William Henry BRODNAX married Ann Elizabeth WITHERS, daughter of Thomas WITHERS.3|
|Birth*||Gen. William Henry BRODNAX was born about 1786 in Brunswick, Virginia.4|
|He was the son of William BRODNAX and Frances BELFIELD.1,2|
|Military*||Appointed Brigadier General of Virginia State Militia in 1824.|
|Elected*||Gen. William Henry BRODNAX was Elected in 1829; Delegate from Dinwiddie County to Constitutional Convention.|
|Death*||He died on 23 October 1834 in Dinwiddle, Virginia. (an unknown value.)3,4|
|Biography*||William Henry Brodnax was born in 1786 in Brunswick County, Virginia. He practiced law in Brunswick, Dinwiddie, and Greensville Counties, and Petersburg, Virginia. He represented Greensville County in the House of Delegates in 1818-1819 and represented Dinwiddie County in 1830-1833. Brodnax was a representative in the state constitutional convention of 1829-1830. Appointed Brigadier General of the Virginia Militia, Brodnax led troops in the aftermath of the Nat Turner Slave insurrection in 1831. Brodnax died 24 October 1834. - William H. Brodnax. Papers, 1810-1862. Accession 20217. Personal papers collection. The Library of Virginia, Richmond, Virginia.4|
|Ann Elizabeth WITHERS|
- [S3157] BIO - Brodnax family members - Part of the index to the handwritten biographical sketches compiled by S. Bassett French between 1890 and 1897. - This collection is housed in the Archives of the Library of Virginia.
- [S255] William and Mary College Quarterly Historical Magazine, Google Books.
- [S3153] Genealogies of Virginia Families from the William and Mary College Quaterly Historical Magazine; Volume I, Adams - Clopton - Genealogical Publishing Co., Inc., Baltimore, 1982.
- [S3156] BIO - William Brodnax 1786-1834, Library of Virginia - http://www.lva.virginia.gov
- [S3087] Cemetery Marker, see burial location for detail.
|Last Edited||5 Jun 2023|