Henry B. THARP
HAIRSTON.org ID#3178, b. 15 November 1834, d. 12 November 1883
|Birth*||Henry B. THARP was born on 15 November 1834 in North Carolina.1,2|
|Census 1860*||He was listed H. B. Tharpe is 24 and is a farmer living with G. H. Thomlison.|
on 24 July 1860 in Crawfordville, Lowndes County, Mississippi, living with G. H. Thomlinson.3
|Military*||Henry B. Tharp - Private, mustered on the 26 April 1861 at Crawfordsville, Mississippi, in the Prairie Guards. Rose to the rank of First Sergeant and was then captured in 1864 and was imprisioned at Point Lookout, Maryland until 21 June 1865. Described as five feet eight and one-half incehes tall, dark complextion, black hair and blue eyes.|
|Military||Battle of Gettysburg, Pennsylvania, 5th Sergeant Henry B. Tharp was wounded in the leg, July 1863.4|
|Marriage*||He married Laura Frances LEDBETTER, daughter of John McGee LEDBETTER and Elizabeth HILL, about 1869.|
|Census 1880*||Henry B. THARP appeared on the census of 30 June 1880 in Prairie Point, Noxubee County, Mississippi.5 |
|Death*||He died on 12 November 1883 at age 48.2|
|Burial*||He was buried in Ledbetter Cemetery, Lowndes County, Mississippi.2|
|Laura Frances LEDBETTER b. 4 Sep 1840, d. 29 Jan 1916|
- [S1900] 1900 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration.
- [S48] Find A Grave Website with Photo - only listings with photos of grave markers that are contemporary to the deceased individuals death are acceptable for genealogical proof.
- [S1860] 1860 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration.
- [S3457] Busey, John W. and Busey Travis W., Confederate Casualties at Gettysburg, A Comprehensive Record, McFarland, 2016., Library of Virginia, Richmond, Virginia.
- [S1880] 1880 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration.
- [S13] Oaklimb Cemetery, Crawford, Lowndes County, MS.
|Last Edited||27 Oct 2018|