Roland Jesse HAIRSTON
HAIRSTON.org ID#2243, b. 20 November 1854, d. 30 August 1896
|Father*||William R. HAIRSTON1 b. 1832|
|Mother*||Faitha E. "Tobitha" WELCH1 b. a 1832|
|Birth*||Roland Jesse HAIRSTON was born on 20 November 1854 in Alabama.1,2,3|
|He was the son of William R. HAIRSTON and Faitha E. "Tobitha" WELCH.1|
|Census 1860||Roland Jesse HAIRSTON appeared on the 1860 census of William R. HAIRSTON on 31 August 1860 in Montgomery County, Alabama; William Harriston 27, Tobitha E. 28, Rolin J. 6, Horence 4, Jane E 2. living with William's father John;|
John Harriston 67 living with William Harriston.4
|County Change*||Elmore County formed from Autauga, Montgomery, Cossa and Tallapoos Counties - 15 February 1866.|
|Tax Rolls*||R. J. Hairston appears on the Bowie County Tax Rolls from 1875 to 1896.|
|Census 1880*||Roland Jesse HAIRSTON appeared on the census of 3 June 1880 in Santuck, Elmore County, Alabama, living with W. A. Beattie and M. B. Gregory.2|
|Marriage*||He married Sarah Lavonia SWINDALL, daughter of Owen Calvin SWINDALL and Franes Lavonia GREGORY, on 18 July 1880 in Elmore County, Alabama.5|
|Death*||Roland Jesse HAIRSTON died on 30 August 1896 at age 41.1,2|
|Burial*||He was buried in Hubbard Cemetery, Bowie County, Texas.3|
|Sarah Lavonia SWINDALL b. a 1861|
- [S46] Vic Hairston and Edward J. Bregenzer, The Hairston History, February 12, 1998. Personal Collection - copy.
- [S1880] 1880 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration - Ancestry.com and FamilySearch.org.
- [S48] Find A Grave Website with Photo - only listings with photos of grave markers that are contemporary to the deceased individuals death are acceptable for genealogical proof.
- [S1860] 1860 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration - Ancestry.com and FamilySearch.org.
- [S3144] Alabama, Marriages, 1816-1957. Salt Lake City, Utah: FamilySearch, 2013.
|Last Edited||18 Dec 2018|