George Hairston INGLES
HAIRSTON.org ID#2045, b. 8 November 1874, d. about 1934
|Father*||Capt. Cyrus Hyde INGLES1 b. 11 Sep 1828, d. 9 Apr 1889|
|Mother*||Elizabeth Mclemore HAIRSTON1 b. 7 Jul 1843, d. 22 Apr 1930|
|Birth*||George Hairston INGLES was born on 8 November 1874 in Virginia.2,3|
|He was the son of Capt. Cyrus Hyde INGLES and Elizabeth Mclemore HAIRSTON.1|
|Census 1880||George Hairston INGLES appeared on the 1880 census of Capt. Cyrus Hyde INGLES on 2 June 1880 in District 30, Page 5, Martinsville, Henry, Virginia; Cyrus H. 50, Elizabeth 36, George 5, Bessie 4, Mary L. 2, Maud 1.2|
|Census 1900||George Hairston INGLES appeared on the 1900 census of Elizabeth Mclemore HAIRSTON in 1900 in District 5, Clay Ward, Richmond City, Virginia; she is a widow and has had 5 children and 4 are still living. She has 4 boarders and 3 servants.4|
|Marriage*||George Hairston INGLES married Harriet Curd GREENWAY on 23 April 1914 in Richmond, Virginia.1,5|
|Obituary||THE HENRY BULLETIN, Martinsville, Va., Fri., May 2, 1930, p. 5, col. 5 (edited). |
Funeral services were held on Thursday afternoon for the late Mrs. Bettie Hairston Ingles, who died at the home of her daughter, Mrs. Chas. H. Watkins, in Richmond Tuesday night, April 22nd, following a lingering illness, from the infirmities of old age, Mrs. Ingles being around 85 years old. Services were held at the Episcopal Church.
Mrs. Ingles was born, reared and spent most of her married life in Martinsville and Henry County, where she has many relatives and a host of friends. She is survived by her daughters, Mrs. Chas. H. Watkins, and son George Hairston Ingles, of Richmond, and the following grand children: Chas. H. Watkins and Misses Elizabeth and Katharine Watkins and Mrs. James Gallaher, all of Richmond. Relatives from Richmond, who were here for the funeral were Mrs. Chas. H. Watkins, Mr. and Mrs. Geo. H. Ingles, Mr. and Mrs. James Gallaher, Misses Elizabeth and Katharine Watkins and Mrs. Mary Darnell Harman.
(The obituary was copied from Findagrave Website page that was created by "deegraver" in 2009.)
|Death*||George Hairston INGLES died about 1934.|
|Harriet Curd GREENWAY|
- [S22] Hairston, Elizabeth Seawell, The Hairstons and the Penns and Their Relations, Roanoke, Virginia 1940 https://search.ancestry.com/search/db.aspx?dbid=13164, Ancestry.com.
- [S1880] 1880 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration - Ancestry.com and FamilySearch.org.
- [S128] World War I Draft Registration Cards, 1917-1918. Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com Operations Inc, 2005.
- [S1900] 1900 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration - Ancestry.com and FamilySearch.org.
- [S198] Virginia Marriage Records: From the Virginia Magazine of History and Biography, (n.pub.).
|Last Edited||13 Dec 2017|