Col. Thomas LIGON
HAIRSTON.org ID#1481, b. about 1586, d. about 1676
|Birth*||Col. Thomas LIGON was born about 1586 in England.1|
|He was the son of Thomas LIGON and Frances DENNIS.1|
|Immigration*||Col. Thomas LIGON immigrated about 1641 to Jamestown, Virginia.1|
|Elected*||He was a member of House of Burgesses in 1644/45 in Henrico County, Virginia.2|
|Marriage*||He married Mary HARRIS, daughter of Capt. Thomas HARRIS, between 1648 and 1650 in Henrico County, Virginia.1,3|
|Elected||Thomas Lyggon (Ligon) and William Harris represented Henrico County in the House of Burgesses in 1655 and 1656.4,1|
|Property*||THOMAS LIGGON, 800 acs. at Powells Cr., next to land of Thomas Jones, W.S.W. towards Sisemores & S.S.E. upon the Riv. 5 Apr. 1664. p. 139, (6). Trans. of: Capt. Upton, Wm. Prowting, Phugh Turke. Joseph Birkhead, Jno. Plinton, Thomas Williams, Thomas Ayres, Giles Dement, Wm. Coooer, Wm. Grigg, Tho. Coper, Tho. Palmer, Tho. Gundry, Mary Haines, Malhote Turke, Jno. Phillips.5|
|Property||CAPT. WM. FARRAR & THOMAS LIGON (Liggon), 335 acs. 25 po. Henrico Co., 3 Oct. 1664, p. 377, (417). S. side of James Riv., beg. at a white oake upon the River in Mont Malada (Mount my lady) feild, against a place where an old Oven had stood, running N.W. by W. to the red Water Slash &c downe the falling ground of Proctors &c Trans. of 7 pers: Phillis (a ?) Servant, Robt. Winter, Danll. Fishes, Tho. Morsey, Jane Holmes, Wm. Young, Mary Worts.5|
|Property||THO. LIGON & CAPT. WM. FARRAR, 375 acs. Henrico Co., 3 Oct. 1664, p. 376, (416). N. side of James Riv., beg. at the Round aboute slash, adj. Morgan Price & running through another br. of sd. slash W.N.W. &c Trans. of 8 pers: Walter Felkes, Sam. Rigot, Ellinor Wallis, James Hickton, Ann Armestrong, Jone Davis, Tho. Peldon, Wm. Dodson.5|
|Property||Lt. Col. Thomas Ligon acquired 300 acres in Henrico County, 29 October 1668. Land Office Patents No. 6, 1666-1679 (pt.1 & 2 p.1-692), p. 188 (Reel 6), Library of Virginia.|
|Will*||Col. Thomas LIGON was mentioned in the will of Col. Thomas LIGON on 10 January 1675 in Henrico County, Virginia.3|
|Death*||He died about 1676.6|
|Mary HARRIS b. 1625, d. 1704|
- [S3376] Ligon, William D. Jr. The Ligon Family and Connections. 1947, Hartford, Conn. https://hdl.handle.net/2027/wu.89062355722, Hathi Trust Digital Library.
- [S3383] Childs, J. Rives, The Hancock Family, The Virginia Magazine of History and Biography Vol. 33, No. 1 (Jan., 1925), pp. 107-112, unknown repository.
- [S3381] William and Mary College Quarterly Historical Magazine 2nd series Volume 16. 1936, unknown repository.
- [S3384] Boddie, John Bennett. Historical Southern Families, Volume IV, Pacific Coast Publishers, 1967, unknown repository.
- [S3385] Nugent, Nell Marion. Cavaliers And Pioneers: Abstracts of Virginia Land Patents And Grants, 1623-1666. 2d ed. Baltimore: Genealogical Pub. Co., 1963., Hathi Trust Digital Library.
- [S3382] Pierrepont, Alice V. D. Reuben Vaughan Kidd: Soldier of the Confederacy. Petersburg, Va: 1947.
https://hdl.handle.net/2027/mdp.39015005724102, Hathi Trust Digital Library.
|Last Edited||3 Nov 2021|