Dr. Francis Henry ERVIN
HAIRSTON.org ID#1054, b. 22 December 1835, d. 19 November 1908
|Father*||William Ethelbert ERVIN1 b. 29 Sep 1809, d. 6 Oct 1860|
|Mother*||Sarah McGee KENNEDY2 b. 20 Feb 1816, d. 17 May 1862|
|Birth*||Dr. Francis Henry ERVIN was born on 22 December 1835 in South Carolina.3,4|
|He was the son of William Ethelbert ERVIN and Sarah McGee KENNEDY.1,2|
|Census 1850||Dr. Francis Henry ERVIN appeared on the 1850 census of William Ethelbert ERVIN on 21 November 1850 in Lowndes County, Mississippi.1 |
|Military*||Dr. Francis Henry Ervin enlisted on 10 March 1862 in Crawfordsville, Mississippi in Company E at the age of 25.. He was wounded at Gaine's Mill on 27 June 1862. He was an Assistant Surgeon, First Confederate Battalion. He was hospitalized at the Henningsen Hospital, Richmond, Virginia. He was described as five feet eleven tall, darl complextion, dark hair and hazel eyes.|
|Marriage*||Dr. Francis Henry ERVIN married Mary E. ANDERSON on 12 January 1866.5|
|Census 1870*||Dr. Francis Henry ERVIN appeared on the census of 20 July 1870 in District 3, Lowndes County, Mississippi.5 |
|Census 1880*||He appeared on the census of 26 June 1880 in Lowndes County, Mississippi.6 |
|Death*||He died on 19 November 1908 at age 72.4|
|Burial*||He was buried in Liberty Hall Cemetery, Lowndes County, Mississippi.4|
|Mary E. ANDERSON b. 19 Jan 1842, d. 1 Nov 1924|
- [S1850] 1850 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration.
- [S285] Thomas, Betty Wood; The Ervin Family, Genealogy and Local History, The Columbus Dispatch.
- [S284] Ervin Family Birth, Marriage and Death Records from 1780 to 1857 estimated to have been written in 1857 and is in very poor, but readable condition. Passed down by my great grandmother Virginia Antionette Ervin's family after she died in 1890., Personal Collection - original documents.
- [S287] Ervin Family Cemetery at Liberty Hall, Lowndes County, Mississippi.
- [S1870] 1870 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration.
- [S1880] 1880 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration.
|Last Edited||19 Aug 2017|