Capt. Hugh ERVIN
HAIRSTON.org ID#1050, b. about 1726, d. 25 September 1785
|Father*||James ERVIN1 d. 31 Jul 1776|
|Mother*||Elizabeth JAMES d. 5 Sep 1786|
|Birth*||Capt. Hugh ERVIN was born about 1726 in Belfast, County Antrim, Northern Ireland.|
|He was the son of James ERVIN and Elizabeth JAMES.1|
|Marriage*||Capt. Hugh ERVIN married Mary ELLISON, daughter of Robert ELLISON and Mary LLOYD, on 29 December 1751.2,3|
|Property*||1757 Craven Co., South Carolina - Land grant for 250 acres, 18 Oct 1757. Series: S213019, Volume: 0008, Page: 00094.4|
|Property||1763 Craven Co., South Carolina - Land grant for 50 acres. Series: S213019, Volume: 0010, Page: 00430.4|
|Marriage*||Capt. Hugh ERVIN married Elizabeth JAMES about 1766.|
|Will||In Robert ELLISON's will dated 5 November 1770 in Williamsburg, Craven Co., South Carolina, Capt. Hugh ERVIN was named as executor.3|
|Will||He was mentioned in the will of Robert ERVIN on 16 April 1774 in St. John's Parish, Berkley Co., South Carolina.5|
|Death*||Capt. Hugh ERVIN died on 25 September 1785 in Williamsburg District, South Carolina.1,6,2|
- [S147] Biographical Directory of South Carolina House of Representitives Volume III 1775-1790 (n.pub.).
- [S148] Bible - Col. John Ervin 1754-1810, Ancestry.com.
- [S3181] Will of Robert Ellison 5 November 1770, Williamsburg, Craven Co., South Carolina; Proved 1 May 1772, Charleston, South Carolina, Will Book 1771-1774, Page 156, Ancestry.com.
- [S3066] South Carolina Department of Archives and History, Columbia, SC.
- [S3182] Will of George Lomax c1843, Abbeville District, South Carolina; Estate Packet Box 57, pkg. 1348, South Carolina Department of Archives and History.
- [S113] Sons of the American Revolution Membership Applications.
|Last Edited||26 Jan 2016|