Peter Watkins HAIRSTON
HAIRSTON.org ID#100, b. 4 July 1878, d. 31 October 1918
|Father*||John Tyler HAIRSTON1,2 b. 16 Oct 1849, d. 10 Oct 1902|
|Mother*||Louisa Hardyman WATKINS b. 15 Aug 1852, d. 2 Feb 1940|
|Birth*||Peter Watkins HAIRSTON was born on 4 July 1878 in Shawnee, Henry Co., Virginia.3,4,5,1|
|He was the son of John Tyler HAIRSTON and Louisa Hardyman WATKINS.1,2|
|Census 1880||Peter Watkins HAIRSTON appeared on the 1880 census of John Tyler HAIRSTON on 4 June 1880 in Ridgeway, Henry County, Virginia; J. Tyler Hairston Sr. 29 a farmer, wife Louisa 26, E. Penn 3, P. Watkins 1.2|
|Census 1900||Peter Watkins HAIRSTON appeared on the 1900 census of John Tyler HAIRSTON on 2 June 1900 in Martinsville, Henry County, Virginia; J.T. 50 a marble salesman, Lula W. 47, Liza 23, P.W. 21, Nanie 8. Married for 25 years and only 3 of 7 children still living. There are 4 cemetery markers in Hordsville Plantation Cemetery that appear to be for infant that were born between 1880 and 1896; S. Hairston 1880-91, L. Hairston 1883-84, J. Hairston 1889-89 and E. Hairston 1896-98.1|
|Marriage*||Peter Watkins HAIRSTON married Lelia PRICE on 3 November 1908.3|
|Census 1910*||Peter Watkins HAIRSTON appeared on the census of 26 April 1910 in Kabletown, Jefferson County, West Virginia.6 |
|Death*||He died on 31 October 1918 in Rippon, West Virginia, at age 40.4|
|Burial*||He was buried in Hordsville Plantation Cemetery, Henry County, Virginia.4|
|Lelia PRICE b. 29 Nov 1886, d. 14 Jun 1976|
|Charts||Descendant Chart (#1)|
Descendant Chart (#2)
Descendant Chart Box
- [S1900] 1900 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration.
- [S1880] 1880 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration.
- [S54] Bible - Peter Watkins Hairston of Rippon, Jefferson County, West Va. 1847-1984, owned by Louisa Hairston Breedon, http://image.lva.virginia.gov/Bible/32502/f/index.html Bible Record Image, Library of Virginia, Richmond, Virginia.
- [S16] Hordesville Plantation Cemetery, Henry County, Virginia.
- [S128] World War I Draft Registration Cards, 1917-1918. Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com Operations Inc, 2005.
- [S1910] 1910 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration.
|Last Edited||30 Mar 2019|