HAIRSTON.org ID#23, b. 1 October 1791, d. 4 May 1845
|Father*||John STAPLES Jr. b. a 1750, d. 1817|
|Mother*||Martha STOVALL d. 1835|
|Birth*||Sarah "Sally" Stovall STAPLES was born on 1 October 1791 in Henry, Virginia.1|
|She was the daughter of John STAPLES Jr. and Martha STOVALL.|
|Marriage*||Sarah "Sally" Stovall STAPLES married Hardin HAIRSTON, son of Gen. George Stovall HAIRSTON and Elizabeth PERKINS, on 1 June 1808 in Henry, Virginia, but the marriage is listed as June 2 in the Harden Family Bible. The Minister performing the marriage was Rev. Mannin Hill.1,3|
|Death*||Sarah "Sally" Stovall STAPLES died on 4 May 1845 in Lowndes, Mississippi, at age 53.1,4|
|Burial*||She was buried in Hairston Cemetery, Lowndes Co., Mississippi; |
|Obit*||Died, of Paralysis, on Saturday the 4th in Lowndes county, Miss., Mrs. Sally Stvovall Hairston, wife of Harden Hairston, Esq., formerly of Patrick county, Virginia, in the 54th year of her age. She was taken sick about 9 o'clock in the morning, but no apprehensions of serious consequences were entertained by the family until about four o'clock in the evening when she became insensible, and continueil in that state until about half past 11 o'clock, P. M., when she expired. In the death of Mrs. Hairston, not only her own family, but the cominunity in which she lived, has suffered an irreparable loss. Kind and affectionate in all the varied relations of wife, mother, friend and neighbor, she had comanded the respect and esteem of all who had become acquainted with her. If the bereaved family can find no other consolation in the ____ dispensation of Providence which has deprived them of a wife and mother, it may serve aplomb to their wounded spirits to know, that the tears of a large circle of friends flow in common with their own.|
Richmond Enquirer, May 30, 1845, Page 4. (Library of Virginia).5
|Hardin HAIRSTON b. 23 Oct 1786, d. 23 Oct 1862|
Descendant Chart Box
- [S55] Harden Hairston Family Bible, 1750-1908. The Holy Bible containing The Old & New Testaments: Translated Out of the Original Tongues,.....J. Holbrook's Sterotype Copy., Eighth Edition, Brattleborough, (Vt.), 1817, Library of Virginia, Richmond, Virginia.
- [S17] Hairston Cemetery, Lowndes County, Mississippi.
- [S67] Henry County, Virginia, Marriage Bonds, 1778-1849, Virginia Anderson Dodd, (Genealogical Publishing Co., Inc. Baltimore 1976).
- [S217] Pippenger, Wesley E. Death Notices from Richmond, Virginia Newspapers, 1841-1853. Richmond: Virginia Genealogical Society, 2002. Print., personal collection of Robert E. Hairston, Jr.
- [S3188] Library of Congress, Chronicling Amercia - Historic American Newspapers.
|Last Edited||22 May 2016|